Conversation Between tdkarl and saltaddict

4 Visitor Messages

1. Well I am dealing with a 30" deep tank and I spoke with a few different people about it and everyone told me I really should go w/ MH's because of the depth. The price point was deff more than I wanted to spend but I think the end result will work best. I didnt want to spend a couple hundred on T5's and not be satisfied. If the tank was more like 24" I rob would have gone T5's. I think eventually I will put 4 T5's in for suplimental lighting. That was I can turn the MH's off and only run them for shorter periods. I think regardless with a 30" deep tank I am stuck throwing alot of light in and will eventually need a chiller regardless. I wish I had 2,400 for some LED's. Those just blow my mind with what you can do with them.
  2. I am still working on the stand!! It will take me a while since I am working on it while homeschooling and such.

If you use and Ice Cap 660 ballast with UVL bulbs then it will overdrive the bulbs so instead of a 48" putting out 54W it will put out 80W, you get 60W out of a 36W bulb.
    Bobby emailed me the same rec. for MH as he did you and I am still giving it some thought. I really don't want the heat output of the MH. Living in Texas would for sure require a chiller and out electric bill is high enough with the swimming pool, ac and such.
  3. good picking it up tomorrow. got a punch list of stuff to go through before I make the big move. Paint my background on the QT tank next. Did you get yours setup? I noticed you mentioned somethig about over driving your T5's. Whats that mean exactly? How much extra wattage can you get out of them?
  4. Hey Karl,
    Thanks for adding me as a friend. How is the tank coming along?
    Rhonda
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4