Ph: 8.1
    ALK: 3.5
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate:0
    Phosphate:0.05
    Calcium:450
    Mag:1400

Have been removing as much hair algae as I can every other day, seems to be slowing down. Getting ready to order the rest of the clean up crew this weekend, and will hopefully get my QT tank finished so I can use it.
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  2. July 16th

Temp: 79-80
    PH: 8.1
    Nitrate: 0 ( finally wooo hoooo)
    Phosphate: 0.05

The Brown Diatom seems to be going away, but the Green Hair Algae is still going crazy... Turned my lights to only on for 8 hrs a day in the display tank, scrapped some of it off the rocks and glass need to do more. waiting to see if I can get this under control before ordering the rest of my clean up crew but will prob go ahead with the order next weekend. ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  3. I am thinking its time to get a Clean up crew.....

Well here it is the 9th and my tank is still stable with:

Temp: 79-80
    PH: 8.2
    Alk: 5
    Ammonia:0
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrate: 2
    Phosphates:0
    Calcium: 500

Nitrites seem to be dropping, Calcium and alk should drop to good levels, the diatom bloom is booming hopefully it will run its coarse and clear up soon. Getting ready to order some snails and hermits. put in some cheto in the refugium yesterday, it's a clump about the size of ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  4. July 4 the cycle (or lack of should say)

Ph:8.3
    alk: 5
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrate: 5
    temp:79-80
    Salinity:35ppm

Not much change today,Stopped running the canister a day ago hopefully it will make a difference in the nitrates. going to do a 10% water change today. I am going to start work on a counter for my "fish room" where I am going to set up my QT. need to get it up and going so I can actually have something in my tank for once.
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  5. July 2 the cycle

ok well it been 4 days and not much has changed.

Ph: 8.1
    Temp: 79-82
    Alk: 5 meq/l
    Nitrate: 7
    Salinity:1.0264 or 35ppm
    Phos: not tested
    Calcium: not tested
    Mag: not tested

I figured I would see some sort of cycle again, but not yet. I'm going to give it another week and if I haven't seen any rise in Ammonia I'm going to guess the bacteria was kept at a strong level while in the brute ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast