View RSS Feed

V

1. The Overflow Fix

When the tank was up & running last time, i broke the overflow glass & the egg create guard by being heavy handed. Glass & myself dont always mix 100%, ive definitely got more battle scars from glass than any other material that's for sure.

However getting back to the story, i never actually got around to fixing it totally, i just put a sea fan in front to stop any animals from taking the plunge. I'll still use that sea fan, cause i love the effect, however i thought it ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:43 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  2. Fixing the Tanks

Down in the backrooms, is generally what i affectionately call the Abyss.
    Its full, almost floor to ceiling with stuff relating to equipment to tank projects and everything in between.

I was alittle careless with the vacuum cleaner one day, & when i dropped the handle whilst moving it, i noticed i had inadvertently cracked the side wall of the nano sump.

As you can imagine - In my frustration i cursed rather loudly, which unfortunately happen to scare the cats ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:42 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  3. The clean-up & prep continued...

Cleaning threaded components properly are important if you plan on a good seal. Not to mention it can act like an abrasive on tightening if its dirty. Soft brushes really help to get into the thread correctly.

If you use plumbers tape on bulkhead threads, its even more important to remove the old tape before you apply new stuff. In this example, i use a stiffer brush, & twist back & forth till it gives ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:40 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  4. The clean-up & prep

The clean up. Its literally got everything, including the kitchen sink.
    50/50 water vinegar mix works well for a nice soaking.

Bits and bobs for cleaning, no reefer would be caught dead without 'em.

As you can see, stuff can get pretty nasty, & thats even with reg maintenance routines. ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:39 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  5. V'spec Nano Evolution

Well, Its official, the dust is gone & its time to witness the V'spec Nano Evolution.

For those of you that dont know me, or those of you trying in vain to forget me...... this was originally an existing project so to speak.

My personality & drive is extremely random to say the least. I built it, ran it for bout a yearish i guess, then shelved it in typical V-fashion.

In some uneventful drive by thread post i made ages back, I was in the middle of ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:38 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3