View RSS Feed

V

1. V's Mayan Cascade Tank - Concept to Completion

Welcome guys

The recap & future continuation thread, namely since the members threads are expected to migrate into the personal blog zone.

From the beginining thread Link

Or, you can skim with me whilst i bring you the summery version to date.

Work in Progress.......
    Tags: cascade, mayan Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Tank Journals , DIY Projects
  2. The Overflow Plumbing

Overflow plumbing uses an old school durso.

I originally chose to use some new irrigation fitting first time i built this nano. Everything screwed together nicely so while i was winging it in general, i thought id try it. However i couldn't help myself, & quickly abandoned it for the familiar once i hit a road block.
    I had an issue marrying new irrigation fittings with old school PVC plumbing equipment anyways, so i made the snap decision to change everything.

Updated 01-24-2010 at 07:01 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  3. Plumbing

Now comes time for some plumbing.

I designed this to be as simple & straight forward as possible so any monkey in a suit could understand it. The whole reason why i chose to design the unit the way i did, was so people like my boss could see how it all worked & understand it.
    It was at work after all. So it resembled a demo tank i guess. Everything viewable.

The lines feeding the DT have a back-flow check valve & twin returns.
    The twin returns ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:54 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  4. Bulkhead Poly Placements continued

Now comes time to align your holes. Its alittle bit of a run around , especially if you've got as few to do, so avoid the temptation to rush it.

If you rush it, you'll get a ordinary / borderline nasty job at the end quite easily -plain & simple, & you'll carry the tag "the butcher" lol

Just draw your cut hole outline on the poly

Once you have all ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:49 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
  5. Bulkhead Holes & Poly Placements

The tank was drilled previously, so unfortunately i cant show a shot of that. On my future builds ive got in excess of 12 holes to drill, so there will be plenty of examples from me. If im not an expert after that, there will be something seriously wrong.

The stand has a recessed section for the tank at the top.
    It used to have one for the bottom tank as well, however due to winging it, i mis calculated on the equipment & had to chisel it out.

So even though ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 06:45 AM by V

Categories
    Tank Journals
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast