Blog Comments

Yea so far they have been fine together. I hope soon to be getting a frogspawn so I hope they host that instead. I guess its just a wait and find out type of thing.
    Oh geez that's no good. Maybe they'll become interested in something else. Or maybe they'll all just be fine, who knows?
    Thanks, yea the clowns hosting the brain kind of makes me nervous. I have heard of brain corals eating clowns that host them, or the clowns killing the brain from being too rough.
    Lookin' good! I like the clowns hosting that brain. They'll host just about anything they want to, hehe.
    Thanks salty dawg and V.

salty dawg, yep water and test kits are my priority I test and water change once a week and make sure this tank stays healthy and happy. The RBTA is one of my worry's too he has stayed the same size since I bought him but now since I put him in this tank he looks like he is happier and is open a lot more which makes me happy but I hope he don't grow to quickly or else I will have a problem. I guess a better excuse to get a bigger tank later on.

V, Yep I am dedicated to getting this tank successful. I do not plan on letting anything slip and every week will be doing water changes and keeping my params at check. Actually I remember a video cast I saw on here about making a DIY ATO and liked it so I may try that. For this tank I do not have a sump because I have no room for it or a skimmer but I will be making that up with water changes and any extra that may be needed.
    6-9 months little dude, then you have a bullet proof tank with the same grace factors we experience in our others. Its not to say you actively let anything slip, it just means you wont total your tank so easily.

ATO & reliable temp is your biggest friend. If you dont have an ATO unit, get creative & use a pep bottle upside down at the water line, as your water line drops it will add your volume. Consider it a poor mans ATO.

I didn't see a sump though, so hiding it will take alittle extra thought.
    Looks good. With that volume of water, keep your test kits and pre mixed water handy. The biggest concerne would be with the RBTA, but I'm not telling you anything that you dont already know. It wont take long to determine what kind of schedule you will need to keep, just stick to it. I let mine go for a couple weeks once and I'm surprised I didn't kill everything. I bet you will do just fine and look forward to seeing the progress.
    Thanks Carmie. I will be posting a pic of the tank clear soon. This tank looks so weird to me I am used to having a big tank and now I have this small 10 gallon. I actually like it better than my 60 gallon.
    Sounds like you are off to a good start Raymond! Sorry about the firefish.