View RSS Feed

Phurst

1. Fishie additions

I picked up 4 chromis and a flame angel from a fellow reefer who was breaking down his tank. The flame is of course a bit risky as far as possibly nipping at corals, but the previous owner had no problems, so we;ll see. I've also done the chromis song and dance twice before, and had the numbers dwindle to 1, but i know plenty of people have had success. including the one i already had, that's 5 in the tank now. they all hang out together, but we'll see how they do long term...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lighting upgrade

So, I finally got around to upgrading my lights from 250s to 400s. With a 31" deep tank, there was no way around it. The tank looks MUCH better now IMO. I did photo acclimation over 5 days and everything seems just fine. Colors are shifting, for the better I hope. I've got some onl 10K bulbs on there until my 20ks come in hopefully today or tomorrow. I took some pics, but with the camera doing it's auto aperture dance, you can't really see a difference in the pics.
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  3. Phurst's 150 updates

You can see my previous thread on my 150 here:
    http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/me...sts-150-a.html

Couple of updates. First, I have begun 2 part dosing again. I top off with straight saturated kalk, but it appears it can no longer keep up with demand, so i dusted off the old peristaltic dual dosing pump and mixed up some 2 part last night. This is the lab grade pump I'm using.

Categories
    Uncategorized