View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

Members Tank Journals - Specific to Reef Tanks

1. 29G Biocube

As per SaltyDawgs request I got some photos taken and figured I'd start a blog.

All these pictures have been taken in the last few days.

Photo from the front.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3552.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	5106

Name:	IMG_3553.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	5107
    chunks of LR in the back.

Name:	IMG_3550.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	5108
    What I believe to be Kenya tree coral

Name:	2011-09-08 17.17.40.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	5110
    Im hoping these guys are bristle worms and not fire worms. Ive seen a ton of these ...
  2. Calcium Reactor & Kwalkwasser

I have a 210 Gallon tank, mostly soft corals, but am getting some LPS to grow.
    I am running a 818 GEO Calcium Reactor. I also have a 75 gallon sump.
    Just did a water test, everything was either at 0, or right on the number.
    Only test that I couldn't do, was a Magnesium test, I don't have one, was told that you really don't have to test for that,
    when everything else is doing fine.

So, here is the question,
    I know a guy that runs a Coral shop, he ...
  3. 75g 10-25-10

I had some issues switching salts, I got all those figured out...Lost some corals and my tangs. So long powder brown and kole eye...

My tank has been running well for the last few months and I thought I should post an update.

I just added a baby black and white clown which has befriended my mature b&w. I am hoping I can get some babies out of them in a year or so, that would be a fun adventure.

I also added an angel. It hasnt touched any of my LPS ...

Updated 10-27-2010 at 02:54 PM by PhotoJohn

Categories
    Tank Journals , Reef Tank Journals
  4. List of Hitchhikers

While I am still waiting on the cycle to begin I have seen a lot of hitchhikers so far. Here are the ones I was able to identify:

Vermetid Snails
    Brittle stars
    Asterina (tiny starfish)
    Bristle worms
    yellow polyp zoanthids

There are some others I have yet to identify and have only gotten a partial glimpse of. There is a small black colored clam on the rock which I have read is fine.

I am picking out Asterina stars as I find ...
  5. Bring on the cycle

Yesterday I bought about 10lbs of live (seed) rock and filled the tank. I have about 30lbs of sand and 25lbs of base rock in addition to the live rock. Now that the water has been added I am waiting for the ammonia to rise so I know the cycle has begun.

Below are some pictures form the morning after filling (the day of was nothing but cloudy water). Since the pictures were taken the rock on the left side was moved slightly inward to allow for better access to the glass for cleaning. ...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast