View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Phurst's 150 updates

You can see my previous thread on my 150 here:
    http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/me...sts-150-a.html

Couple of updates. First, I have begun 2 part dosing again. I top off with straight saturated kalk, but it appears it can no longer keep up with demand, so i dusted off the old peristaltic dual dosing pump and mixed up some 2 part last night. This is the lab grade pump I'm using.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Raymond's 10 gallon nano (purple atinics lighting)

Here is some shots of my tank and green brain coral with just the purple atinics on.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Overflow plumbing

Alright, so i am running a mag 14 (if memory serves) from my sump back to my DT, and my tank will begin to overflow if i leave the return valve all the way open. I have to shut the return half off so i can just get the surface to skim.

So anyways, if you go to my tank build thread, you can see that the lines coming from the DT are all hard plumbed, with 90 degree bends and such, and are very neat and tidy (IMO). But i am increasingly seeing this flexible tubing being used instead.. ...
  4. blogs eh??

Not gonna lie i think i prefer the old fashioned threads as opposed to these blogs, but hey, its 3:40 and im just finding out about this
    So i guess i need to do some reading

ANYWHO,
    nitrites and ammonia are at zero, and after a good week or so of having the chaeto in my tank and doing reg water additions and changes, nitrates are down from 30-40, to about 20... Still to high for adding inverts (which i desperately need) But any progress is progress that i welcome ...
  5. Raymond's 10 gallon nano (parameters update)

My parameters are as follows:

Ammonia: 0
    Nitrate: 20
    Nitrite: 0.05
    PH: 8.1
    Alk: 1.6
    Ca: 200

I need to get nitrates down, calcium and alk up and will be doing this till they get to normals. So far my corals are doing fine despite the raise in Nitrates to me this is very weird.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast