View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Working on the Reef Tank

Okay, Kinda got one already. Some of this is the same as my intro, but I will continue to update this as we get it going.

Let me introduce myself and my family. We live in Santa Barbara, CA, and our family includes myself and girlfriend, as well as my 2 children, my son is 9 and my daughter is 3. Although we are renting our home, we rent from family, so we should be okay to make some of the modifications and cabinetry that we are planning, as long as we are able to repair and replace, ...

Updated 07-27-2010 at 01:42 PM by ryancmatchett (Update - July 2010)

Categories
    Tank Journals , DIY Projects
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sumps and Frag 1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	4728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanding Canopy.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	4752  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside Hole in the Wall.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTS1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	4755  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTS with Rock2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	4788  
  2. Tank update

The tank has been up for a little over a month now and the parameters are looking good.

Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate are undetectable.
    Specific Gravity (measured w/refractometer) 1.026
    Temp 78-80

The diatom bloom came and went pretty quickly. What has been more persistent is the bryopsis

The only added life in the tank (aka non hitchhikers) are snails that I added as my beginning CUC.

Here are some pictures: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. SleepPhones

SleepPhones Giveaway

My husband is a world class snorer and I use them to listen to my iPod to help me fall asleep.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My Tanks

5. IRocky's Total System

Yeah i did it again, started a new tank not even 3 months after i started my last tank, which i took down, I was able to connect it to my current 75gal tank a started at the joining of this site.Anyhows Cant wait to show/explain what i got cooked up this time!! My addintional tank is 90gal tri-drilled reef tank. With the stand it is excatlly the same hight as my current set-up, but the tank itself is a little deeper. For this tank im trying to go bottomless, as in no sand bed, i say trying because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast