View RSS Feed

Reef Tank Journals

Members Tank Journals - Specific to Reef Tanks

1. Blaine's New Tank (JBJ 28 Gallon Nanocube)

Hey all, it's been quite a while since I posted on here... I've been pretty busy as I just started college, and I'm majoring in physics so it is quite a handful Unfortunately, there was an accident with my last tank I had set up, and sadly I was forced to take it down, however I have just set up a new tank today! I received a JBJ 28 gallon Nanocube with quad CF's in the mail today and got it all set up! Currently there is 25 lbs of base rock, 15-20 lbs of base sand and 8 lbs live rock with ...
  2. Hand Leather Frag Added!

Yesterday, I added an approx. 2" frag of Devil's Hand Leather. It's still settling in, and I moved it a bit today. But the polyps are starting to come out a bit, hopefully in a few days they'll be out fully.
    Exciting stuff!
  3. Helicon Focus 2

If you havent read my original post on Helicon Focus visit the link. If you have looked over the post I commend you for your ongoing attention or something like that...

I was unimpressed with my first attempt at a stacked image for DOF (depth of field) using Helicon Focus. The first time is never the best, just ask a married couple. Anyway, I shot the original gambit of images at f2.8, again look at the link if you want to see those shots, giving very little DOF and missing small sections ...

Updated 02-18-2010 at 11:03 AM by PhotoJohn

Tags: photography Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Tank Journals , Reef Tank Journals
  4. Helicon Focus

I have been inspired by Gary Parr to try some composite images for extreme depth of field, impossible sharpness for a single shot. He uses Helicon Focus to stack multiple images into a composite single image making everything tack sharp. This is my first attempt. I was using an f stop of 2.8 aka wide open and next time I will try this again with more images and also try it at f5.6, f8, and f11 to see what gives me the best results.

Updated 02-17-2010 at 04:01 PM by PhotoJohn

Tags: photography Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
  5. The 75g returns from hiding

The 75 has been running since Nov 16th 2008. You can see the build thread here 75g Money Sink. It is hard to believe it has been over a year.

I have been away from TR and the reef life for a few months and the tank has suffered. The tank was cooking along pretty well but personal havoc claimed a good portion of my corals. I was building a diverse selection of acros and other sps corals but neglect claimed the majority of the sensitive species. The montis and chalice corals have grown ...

Updated 02-17-2010 at 04:04 PM by PhotoJohn

Categories
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast