View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New Light for the Nano!

I won a Marineland Reef Capable LED fixture at MACNA. (Thanks Dick!) It is just the right size for my nano and I think it looks really nice!

2. Just Maintaining...

I am battling cyano in my nano but otherwise everything is just going along steadily.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. July 21 2010

Temp: 79-80
    Ph: 8.1
    ALK: 3.5
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate:0
    Phosphate:0.05
    Calcium:450
    Mag:1400

Have been removing as much hair algae as I can every other day, seems to be slowing down. Getting ready to order the rest of the clean up crew this weekend, and will hopefully get my QT tank finished so I can use it.
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  4. July 16th

PH: 8.1
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 0 ( finally wooo hoooo)
    Phosphate: 0.05

The Brown Diatom seems to be going away, but the Green Hair Algae is still going crazy... Turned my lights to only on for 8 hrs a day in the display tank, scrapped some of it off the rocks and glass need to do more. waiting to see if I can get this under control before ordering the rest of my clean up crew but will prob go ahead with the order next weekend. ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  5. July 12th

Ph: 8.1
    Nitrites:0
    Nitrates:0
    Ammonia:0
    Phosphates:0.05

got 5 blue leg Hermits, 5 small snails (Nert I believe), and one large snail they called a Horse Conch. all seem to be doing good if all is good in a couple of weeks will be getting the rest which will be 20 more hermits, 20 turbo snails, and a shrimp of some kind haven't decided yet.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast