View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. I am thinking its time to get a Clean up crew.....

Well here it is the 9th and my tank is still stable with:

Temp: 79-80
    PH: 8.2
    Alk: 5
    Ammonia:0
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrate: 2
    Phosphates:0
    Calcium: 500

Nitrites seem to be dropping, Calcium and alk should drop to good levels, the diatom bloom is booming hopefully it will run its coarse and clear up soon. Getting ready to order some snails and hermits. put in some cheto in the refugium yesterday, it's a clump about the size of ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  2. July 6th the Cycle

Ammonia: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 5
    PH: 8.2
    Salinity: 35ppm
    calcium: 450ppm
    Alk: 5
    Temp: 79-80

Still no big Change in levels. have ordered a Mag and Phosphate test should be here in a couple of days. seeing a lot of algae growth. gonna need a clean up crew here pretty soon or this algae is gonna go nuts.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. July 4 the cycle (or lack of should say)

Ph:8.3
    alk: 5
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrate: 5
    temp:79-80
    Salinity:35ppm

Not much change today,Stopped running the canister a day ago hopefully it will make a difference in the nitrates. going to do a 10% water change today. I am going to start work on a counter for my "fish room" where I am going to set up my QT. need to get it up and going so I can actually have something in my tank for once.
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  4. July 2 the cycle

ok well it been 4 days and not much has changed.

Ph: 8.1
    Temp: 79-82
    Alk: 5 meq/l
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 7
    Salinity:1.0264 or 35ppm
    Phos: not tested
    Calcium: not tested
    Mag: not tested

I figured I would see some sort of cycle again, but not yet. I'm going to give it another week and if I haven't seen any rise in Ammonia I'm going to guess the bacteria was kept at a strong level while in the brute ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
  5. June 28th the Cycle

Ok well my tank is a 55 gal long tank with a 20 gal sump. I have a mag 7 return pump, a 16 watt Uv filter, a skimmer, phosphate reactor,auto topoff, pinpoint ph meter, and a RK lite controller. Lighting consist of 4, 48 inch VHO 2 actinic white, and 2 super actinic from a Icecap ballast. I Have 40lb of base rock and 50lb of live rock , and 80lb of live sand. I started this tank back in April of 2009 and had it cycled by August of 09, then moved and all my rock and sand sat in a Brute can for 8 months.. ...
    Categories
    Tank Journals
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast