PDA

View Full Version : Glue?

bonzai
10-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I was just curious if there is some special type of super glue that I should use for my corals? I bought a bottle from a LFS, it was just a bottle of super glue with their store name on a sticker on the front. If I buy a bottle of super glue at the store is there something special that I should be looking for? I am picking up some new corals tonight and just noticed I am out of glue and the LFS is closed on wed's. And of course the corals that I am getting are not mounted and will need to be mounted on a rock, with glue of course. Any help would be great. Thanks.

mosfet
10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
I buy super glue GEL from the dollar store. 2 tubes for a buck, and it works fine!

Phurst
10-14-2009, 03:13 PM
As long as it's cyanoacrylate based, it's fine.

CarmieJo
10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
GEL
+

cyanoacrylate based

For the win! Regular super glue is too runny. TR Sponsor The Cultured Reef has a brand with a special cap that eliminates waste. Super Glue (http://www.theculturedreef.com/super_glue.htm) I've thrown away enough tubes with a tiny bit used that I am going to buy this the next time.

Amphibious
10-15-2009, 05:15 AM
Thank you Carmie.

It’s true. Most super glue bought in those small bottles or tubes wind up costing you more because they dry out before you can use them to the end. You wind up making another trip to the store, costing more money.

Our super glue gel comes in a tube about 5 times more volume than the store brands. The top is designed to actually push back the glue in the tip. I’ve had a tube last eight months with out drying up. It’s a great glue and the price includes shipping anywhere in the US.

See the link in Carmie’s post above.

Thanks,

Dick