PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed?

bonzai
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I was just wondering what everyone feeds their fish and how often? Tell us what you have and what you feed them. I'll start.

I have 3 clowns, 1 flame angel, 1 six-line wrasse, 1 spotted manadrin, 1 skunk shrimp, 1 camelback shrimp, bunch of snails and hermits. I feed them twice a day. Once with dry flake food, and once with frozen. I switch the frozen daily between omega brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, cyclops, and brine with spirulina. Feel free to offer comments if I am not on the right path with food.

Pat
06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
i have a watchman goby and a black and white nemo named akon
i feed once a day 1/2 a cube of mysis shrimp

CarmieJo
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I mix up what I feed. Mysis, Rod's Food, Cyclopeeze, flake, granulated, fish mush when I make it, and minced scallops or shrimp if we are eating it.

bonzai
06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
You feed them the same scallops and shrimp that you eat for dinner? I've heard of people doing that but I'm afraid to try it.

CarmieJo
06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, they get theirs raw. Me, I don't like sushi so much. I use people seafood when I make fish mush so I never gave it a second thought. :)

bbl_nk
06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I usually go to the Asian supermarket for my fish food mix. Get shrimp, scallops, clam meet, nori, soy sauce (just kidding). My friend and LFS makes it too and included rinsed mysis, Kent Zoe and garlic. I also feed Ocean Nutrition spirulina and my fish LOVE the Hikara Marine s made for smaller fish. It really rocks. I also use H20 Life frozen Fish food for herbivores. I like to switch it up. I feed 1-2 times a day.

I have met a reefer with probably as many years as Dick (Paul Baldasanno) and he SWEARS by California black worms. All his fish are extremely healthy.

bonzai
06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
This might be a dumb question, but where do you find California black worms? I don't think I have ever seen them here, or I wasn't looking for them, one of the two. I think I would give them a try once in while.

bbl_nk
06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Not a dumb question at all. Paul spoke at our club and mentioned it and a room full of reefers just looked at each other, he figured if a guy in Long Island can get em, a bunch of Cali folks should be using them :)

Our club looked around and found a farm about 1.5 hours south in Fresno but then we asked one of our LFS and he had them, living in the store's sink LOL I haven't ventured out to by them since everyone feeds them live and don't think I can get away with a bowl of live worms in the fridge....I already get raised eyebrows for all the frozen junk I have.

Make a call around to the local fish stores, these aren't tubiflex worms....totally different.

saltaddict
06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I have:
Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Tanf
Banner fish
2 - "nemos"
watchman gobie

I feed a mixture two to three times daily of:
mysis
brine
flake
pellet
krill
garlic
DT's
selcon
zoe
All is combined in urine cups with RO/DI water and frozen. I thaw in the fridge a day before then I drink the liquid and pour the rest in the tank in equal amounts through out the day. They also eat brown and red marine algae as they do not like the green.

bbl_nk
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
You drink the liquid....EWWWW

saltaddict
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
You drink the liquid....EWWWW

It is really good for you as it contains the fish oils! I am JK - I wrote that to see who would notice it. I do threaten to put it in my husbands coffee!:)

Pat
06-04-2009, 10:28 PM
It is really good for you as it contains the fish oils! I am JK - I wrote that to see who would notice it. I do threaten to put it in my husbands coffee!:)

ahahaha
i was reading and i was like wow..... someones a health freak lol jk

ghostbear29
06-04-2009, 11:38 PM
ive got a 4in niger trigger
3in. clarkii clown
1 random damsel
feed mysis, brineshrimp, flake, freezdried krill
fresh fish, scallops, squid, octopus
I choose 1 everyday.

for my Eel.
fresh cut fish, clams, scallops, squid and octopus
sometimes krill (large size)
2-3 times a week

V
06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
mini dim sims, with a side order of sauce :o

t81rd
06-05-2009, 02:31 PM
i ordered some urine cups recently they work really great. it saves me soo much time when feeding all my tanks

i have

2 green spotted puffers in my brackish tank
1 lionfish
2 clowns

i mix
mysis
blood worms
krill
silversides
DT's
zoe
sometimes i throw in some scallops

V
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
well as long as it was for the tank, & not an outbreak of the clap..:rotfl:

im sooo wondering if the fun police with mod that one..lol

ghostbear29
06-06-2009, 01:30 AM
dude v, i think you use a catheder (ie,,, long q tip) for the clap. not that i know or anything...unuh.:sick:

V
06-06-2009, 07:50 AM
lol gold! :rotfl:

Mr. Diggler
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I feed my Clowns, Chromis and Dwarf Angel Mysid shrimp along with fresh chopped shrimp. Sometimes in a pinch I'll toss a wee bit of Nano Reef fish food in for them. I also spot feed my hammer and Haitian anemone mysid along with the frsh stuff. The Zoas get the floaters.