PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Help

PapaMcEuin
05-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok, I am thinking fragging is the closest place to put this. A good while ago my Bubble Coral jumped off its base. Now it is free floating and has been for several months. I have attempted to superglue it to arock but never worked. Any ideas? I would like it to become a healthy tank member again but if it keeps floating and bumping other corals it is just going to be a pain to itself.

PapaMcEuin
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Got some reef clay epoxy stuff and shaped a pedastal out of it then stuck the bubble on it. I am hoping it stays put. Did a tank rearragement so I could place it in a low flow area away from the reach of other corals. Hopefully that will help.

CarmieJo
05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Maybe you could put some bridal veil type netting loosely over it to keep it in place until it attaches.

PapaMcEuin
05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
It fell off as expected. At least it is sitting by the base for now. Hopefully it will stay put long enough for me to find some netting. Anyone know how long it takes for it to attach?

CarmieJo
05-23-2009, 10:18 PM
IDK for sure about bubbles because I have never had one but usually corals attach within a couple of weeks.

PhotoJohn
05-24-2009, 01:11 AM
anywhere from a few days to a few weeks

lance
05-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Ok, I am thinking fragging is the closest place to put this. A good while ago my Bubble Coral jumped off its base. Now it is free floating and has been for several months. I have attempted to superglue it to arock but never worked. Any ideas? I would like it to become a healthy tank member again but if it keeps floating and bumping other corals it is just going to be a pain to itself.

You could get a plastic cup drill holes in it fill with rubble and put bubble in it cover the opening with bridal veil and put in a decent flow area in 2 week's it should be okay. you might wanna check your alkalinity and calcium as well.

mr.reef24

PapaMcEuin
05-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Here is the bubble and the base I made for it.

7perseo7
05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
i usually attach bubble or soft coral with a soft fishing line ,if there is any calcium attached to it you can use a loose rubber band,i have been chastised for using hot glue but it has always worked for me.

lance
05-25-2009, 12:05 AM
I was thinking to something had to stress your bubble out to do and all out polyp bailout most reason's LPS do a bailout from there calcium carbonate skeleton is big time stress is there any fish or inverts picking at it? Or water parameter fluctuations' like PH, Salinity, Temp change over the past 48 hours?

lance