PDA

View Full Version : Blk & wht wilds

sweetpea
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I got my two guys as a pair, and they seemed to love each other. Now one seems to be turning female and is considerably bigger. They do the matrix twitch thing to show each other off. The bigger one doesnt hurt the smaller guy, but just seems not to be so nice latley. Do you think they are gonna end up hating each other?

spanko
05-21-2009, 02:21 PM
No, gonna go through a I AM THE DOMINANT FEMALE phase then will settle down again. It can get quite rough at time. Kind of like humans huh?????

PhotoJohn
05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
That is what the female does. She bumps/beats the male till he does what she wants(moves to her preferred nesting location). They will be fine, its natural behavior. I have a wild b&w, watch out they bite!

spanko
05-21-2009, 02:31 PM
My black and white occy's are at my hands all the time. Like the ring the most but have nipped at the hand\fingers too.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/henrymello/1clowns.jpg

rayme07
05-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Its normal. You have a great looking pair there. :)

saltaddict
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Just like humans - I bump and beat "my male" until he does what I want too!

sweetpea
05-23-2009, 01:31 PM
She hasnt really hurt him like bumping or beating... shes just been in like PMS mode with him. I feel bad but I figured it was a phase, I needed reassurance that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. I still havent found a suitable host for them but they love snuggling with the in tank UV sterilizer. I gotta get over this red slime issue before I add any other type of host. I cant take it any more.

sweetpea
05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
My tru perc in my other tank loves to nip my hand or rings when I am cleaning by his frog spawn. The blk & whites kinda just snuggle up near me when I am tooling around in their tank. They are all great litte guys.

PhotoJohn
05-23-2009, 02:09 PM
they dont need a host creature per say, they will host on/in anything, rocks, corals, pvc, tile...anything

sweetpea
07-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I feel so bad my female is torturing the male he doesn't wanna even come out from behind the rock and the other day he was lying on the sand like he was surrenduring.he will come out to eat and see me but the rest of the time he is just hiding in a corner? Is this the really bad part everyone was talking about will it get better because the male just seems like he is having no quality of life.

rayme07
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
It should get better when I had my pair they fought like that for about 2 weeks then started loving on each other it was very weird.