PDA

View Full Version : Talkingreef videos, questions and answers

Rob
05-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Hello everyone, i want to take a minute to layout some common question and answers about the new videos that we are doing here. If you have questions that are not addressed here please reply to this post and we will get them answered. Please note, this thread is NOT for tank related questions. This thread is only for technical questions regarding getting and watching the new tank journal shows.

Q.) How do i view the videos on my computer?
A.) All videos are viewable using iTunes, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and VLC. Other video clients may work but have not been tested.

Q.) How do i get the High definition versions.
A.) High Definition video is only available to premium members, see this thread for details on how to become a premium member. link: http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/site-info-news/189-premium-membership.html

Q.) Can i watch the HD versions of the videos?
A.) the high definition videos will require you to be using a newer computer capable of playing HD videos, if you are not sure if you computer can play them, please test by viewing Episode 0, which can be found here: http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/podcast-episodes/8701-welcome-trj-talkingreef-journal-episode-0-a.html

Q.) Can i watch these videos on my blackberry, iPhone, or other portable device?
A.) Yes, all episodes will be made available using youtube, and cant be watch on any portable device that can play youtube videos. In the future i may do a more direct mobile version but for right now this is the standard. Please refer to your phone manufacturer or carrier to see of this is an option for you.

Q.) Why are the videos in Mono (not stereo)?
A.) At this time the microphone i am using is a mono mic, i am working on fixing this in the editing process or by getting a new mic. As for now it is a known issue and i apologize for it.

Q.) i am a premium member and i want to cancel my membership will i loose access to past shows?
A.) Yes, due to technical limitation you can only access the shows while you are a premium member, if you wish to cancel your membership please make sure you download a copy of any show you want to keep. once you membership is canceled you will not be able to access any of the premium content video.

Q.) Will past videos shows be made available in High Definition for premium members?
A.) No, past shows were all shot on a standard definition camera and there is no plans to re-shoot those past shows