PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm gona be a daddy! ish...

Shananagans
03-30-2009, 10:57 PM
So, I was taking a close look at my 125g tank tonight, and noticed something strange. Right next to the the anemone my clowns call home were some clearish tiny little bubbles with 2 little black dots in them. My clowns are also acting very territorial. The male stays close to the (possible) eggs and the female stands guard. The male keeps rubbing his face in them as well, opening his mouth at them. If they are eggs is that normal. The other strange thing to me is that the male is a true perc and the female is a false, didn't know that was possible.

Can someone please confirm by my description if they are in fact eggs or not? Also what are my next steps to take to try to ensure their survival. For my cichlids that layed eggs i never had to do a thing, and the babies grew up just fine. I am hoping but doubt this will be the case.

rayme07
03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
It sounds like eggs to me congrats.

Carty
03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
my clowns just laid as well, congrats

CarmieJo
03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I haven't bred clowns but I believe that the fry need special rearing and won't make it in your tank.

PhotoJohn
03-31-2009, 12:19 AM
there is a podcast on clown rearing, if you want to give it a try listen to the podcasts

saltaddict
03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Congrats! I think you will need a fry tank to attempt at raising them.