PDA

View Full Version : gonoporia+condilactus+colt

sherman50
03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
These three (coral plus anemone) have been cohabitating in my reef tank quite nicely for about 6 weeks. To rearrange the reef tank to improve its appearanceI would like to move the anemone a little closer to the corals. Right now the corals are an inch and a half apart and the anemone is 4 inches away. I'd like to more the enempne to about and inch and a half from the corals. (None would ever touch the over, even fully extended.) Is this OK husbandry-wise? Here are a couple photos of AS IS

Phurst
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
If the anemone is close enough to touch any of those, it will sting the crud out of them. I'd rearange as necessary, but make sure there is no way at all the anemone can touch any corals. particularly that goni. They have such poor survival rates anyway (almost zero), it wouln't take much to wipe it out.

sherman50
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
So I read about the Gonopiara. The buzz seems to be coming around to being not so awful as it was a couple years ago but thanks for the warning/reminder. After a couple weeks the gono has taken well to the tank (as the clarkii has to it) and is looking better than ever. I hope with due dilligence (and keeping the condi away from it) I'll have pretty good sucess. It does make a nice adition - if I can get it to last!

PhotoJohn
03-26-2009, 04:09 PM
moving an anemone is never a great idea unless needed. They will move as they see fit and making it possibly unhappy inst worth it if you ask me.

rayme07
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree with John I would go with moving the corals instead of the anemone but like Pearson said make sure the corals don't touch the anemone.

The Wandering Bard
05-22-2009, 09:36 PM
yep I agree as well. you can move the anemonie where ever you like, but if it doesn't like it there it will move around your tank to someplace it does like. the bad thing here is that it might move within range of the corals and begin to aggitate them, which could be worse if it choose to bother your beautiful Gonipora