PDA

View Full Version : Oceans Blend

sweetpea
02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Dick: I was going to email you but I figured I'd just post in case others were using this product or may be thinking of purchasing it from The Cultured Reef. Oh, and thanx for my order, it is great living so close to you guys because I got my order in about a day.

If I am reading the directions on the 2 part additives for cal & pH/alk to start I would dose 3ml of both additives per ten gallons. So for the 20 gallon dose 6ml of each part 1 & part 2, maybe less since there isnt actually 20 gallons of water in the tank so lets say 4-5 ml of each. For my 30 gallon 9ml (per directions) of each or somewhere around say 7-8ml of each to make up for the water difference. Am I figuring this right?

After my first day of dosing I go ahead and add 1ml of each P1 & P2, each day or as needed.
Should I dose 1ml for 30 gallon and 1/2 ml for the 20 gallon until i figure out if I need to dose daily or will this not be as effective. Am I reading into these directions to much. I havent with other products but I am stoked to try oceans blend out and I wanna do it right, in hopes that this will end my battle of products that dont really work all that much.

All before the lights go on.

I dont want to be under or over dose.

Amphibious
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
LMAO, Sweatpea, you are going to be so much fun to actually meet. I can hardly wait.

Let's see if i can decipher your questions. First you need to establish a base. Where are your Calcium and Alk levels now, today. Then dose the recommended amount, 20 gal 6ml of part 1 and 2, 30 gal 9 ml of each. They must be added in equal parts at about the same time, because they react to each other. I would test again after two days dosing and record the results, along with the base readings. Compare readings. If the results are what you are looking for, dose again for two days and test again. If parameters are within the range we seek, that's your daily dosage. If too high cut back a little, if too low increase a little. Soon, you will have your daily dose. Then, testing every two weeks will keep you informed whether to increase or decrease daily dosage.

Did that all that make sense?

:heart:

Dick

sweetpea
02-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah it made sense, but the second time I dose the bottle states 1ml of each part, so I only do the strating dose of 6ml and 9 ml the first time and the go 1ml of each right?

Sorry if I was confusing before.