PDA

View Full Version : Sooo anyone

govertical19
02-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Anybody have any ideas what this is? I seen it tonight night viewing with the red lens of my camera. at least 6inches long.... Not sure if it is bad but man u see some thing at night....

CarmieJo
02-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Is it smooth?

THEJRC
02-18-2009, 02:05 AM
forgive the misguided answer (been sipping some PBR this fine evening) but it looks like a peanut worm. Harmless and beneficial (detrivore).

Veterans of the rorshak test will see it as a butterfly, a close up of sausage pizza, a miniature face peeking out of a cave... or any number of other oddities

but yeah definately a peanut worm

Carty
02-18-2009, 02:07 AM
do peanut worms eat peanuts?? or do they taste like peanut butter?? what kind of naming is this.. clearly a rookie mistake

Amphibious
02-18-2009, 02:46 AM
No mistake grasshopper.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/Amphibious_2007/peanutworm1.jpg

Peanut worm photographed in my tank in 2002 and also 4 pictures of this worm can be found in "Reef Invertebrates" by Anthony Calfo.

Sipunculans or "Peanut worms." These particular worms turn out to be commonly found in aquaria, and are the subject of this month's column.

The balance of Dr. Ron's article can be found here - Peanut Worms (http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-04/rs/index.php)

Remember the three most important activities in reef keeping? Research. research, research! It's only because I research that helps me from opening my mouth and sticking my foot in it. :rotfl:
That is not to say I never do but, I try my best not to get caught with it sticking out there.

Carty
02-18-2009, 05:47 AM
doesn't look like a peanut

govertical19
02-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah that is what it looks like.... I need to invest in a better camera one day. I watched it for awhile last night dine on some of my rock work. Pretty neat the things you do not even know that you have!

JustDavidP
02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
They're good with Jelly Fish :) On a sammich!

Okay...seriously though, they are fun to watch. It's like some mini elephant, hiding in the rocks or sand. All you see is a curious "trunk" come out and probe around for peanuts :)

Dave