PDA

View Full Version : Taam Rio Polario Turbine Dual Action Programmable Aqua Pump / Powerhead

FishFinder
02-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Taam Rio Polario Turbine Dual Action Programmable Aqua Pump / Powerhead (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=Taam_Rio_Polario_Turbine _Dual_Action_Programmable_Aqua_Pump___Powerhead_Sa ltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Powerheads_Adjustable_Fl ow&vendor=TAAM&SearchStr=ta3811+ta3813&action=view&idProduct=TA3811&idCategory=FIPHAD)

I received a email from Marine Depot this morning. They have the TAAM pumps on sale and I was wondering if anyone is using them. The price looks very attractive and it looks like you get some pretty decent flow from them.

CarmieJo
02-14-2009, 11:23 PM
I had 1 of 3 Rio 2500's seize up and spew lots of oily black stuff. Luckily I was in the habit of rotating them from return to skimmer to mixing water and it was this ones turn to mix. The pump was out of warranty but if it had happened a week earlier it would have killed my tank. TAAM would not even acknowledge my v-mails or emails with an apology. I have heard that they have fixed this problem but I don't trust them won't buy any product made by TAAM.

FishFinder
02-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Good to know Carmie. I would stay away of companies that have poor customer support or not acknowledge when they sell faulty products/

Phurst
02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Rio pumps do indeed have a terrible reputation. Including Carmie's, I personally know of 7 Rios that have either burst or shorted out.