PDA

View Full Version : Move the BTA ?!!?

Dragonwolf
01-31-2009, 05:20 PM
I finally got a rose BTA..very nice But I want to move him to the other side of my tank and it's freaking me out...what do I do? just reach in and rip him off the rock and then put him where I want him or what.:wow: What if I hurt him? He's only been in the tank for a week and he's doing just great.

PhotoJohn
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
leave him alone, he will live where he wants not where you want him. if you move him he will probably move elsewhere and you could easily kill him in the moving process

CarmieJo
01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Yep, you have as much chance of making an anemone stay where you want it as you do of herding cats!

Amphibious
01-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Agree with what ^^^ he and she said.

sweetpea
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I just moved my sebae, - took a chance but got down on my knees and begged him to stay put hehe.He did n is eating thanx to small miracles. I created the same type of structure to nestle him in as the one he first choose himself, so I think that played a large role in him staying.

PhotoJohn
02-11-2009, 04:08 PM
a BTA and a sebae are drastically different anemones. The sebaes are known for a lack of movement where as a BTA will move at the first sign of discomfort.

sweetpea
02-12-2009, 12:02 AM
That is pretty cool. I didnt think all anemones were the same, I was excited mine took so well after all the advice not to move him, but I am stubborn at times.. I didnt mean to send anyone down the wrong path. You learn something new everyday. Now I know I cant do that with a BTA if I ever get one.

Amphibious
02-12-2009, 07:57 AM
a BTA will move at the first sign of discomfort.

Or, at the first inkling that moving will confound the owner. Who ever said BTA's can't think??? :rotfl:

sweetpea
02-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Good point.