PDA

View Full Version : what fish?

Boris
12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
My 29 gal reef tank has 5 fish; 2 Percula Clowns, one Bangai Cardinal, one Blue Green Cromis and a Yellow Shrimp Goby. I would like to move the Cromis to someones larger tank with a school of them and add another small fish to the tank. Any suggestions for this very peaceful community tank.

At the same time, would the Cromis be safe if added to an established school?

Rob
12-02-2005, 01:17 AM
ok, for your first question.. i would recommend staying with a small fish.. something like a firefish, or another goby. with that many fish in a small tank, you are close (if not past) your limit.

as far as the chomis being safe, i belive they are, however, i have never tried this. Chomis are known to do well in schools, or groups, so it should be ok.

maybe some other people here can comment based on experince

Boris
12-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I know 5 fish are plenty for the system. They have been together for a while now and the tank seems pretty stable. The cromis is a very active fish so I figured if I replaced it with a small, quiet fish I would be reducing the load a bit too,

Rob
12-02-2005, 12:47 PM
yes, if everything is ok in your system then another small fish would probably not mess with things too much, since its replacing 2 others.