PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!!

Reef Newb
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Rob,

I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for all your hard work with the podcasts and the site. I have been trying to catch up with the podcasts since I found this site in May of this year. I have listened to almost every pod cast since then, and have learned a lot. I dont think that I would have even had the courage or knowledge to start my tank if it was not for you and the community here at TR. So thank you very much Rob and all the moderaters here at TR for all your hard work and for creating this great community.

One complaint. I only have two more podcasts left and I am going to be needing something to listen to on my way to work everyday. (J/K...I know that you have a life outside of TR. So I am just kidding)

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication,

Daniel

lReef lKeeper
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
listen to them again and again and again !! lol

thanks for the kind words, we do it out of love for the hobby.

bbl_nk
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Its funny how you may listen to a podcast and think its off topic from what you are doing/experiencing but then down the road it changes and you find yourself going back :)

I try to steer people to the podcasts if their post rings a bell to one of the previous episodes. I found out a lot of really good info and sometimes its better to hear it than read it!

Definite double kudos to Rob, Carmie, Bobby and the rest of the moderators!

Skurvey Dog
09-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Its funny how you may listen to a podcast and think its off topic from what you are doing/experiencing but then down the road it changes and you find yourself going back :)

Aint that the truth! ;) We all know what has been covered in the past and have mentally retained a portion of currently un-needed information, but all of a sudden fall into that current circumstance and wham!!!! We head straight to that podcast to listen more intently! I have found nothing to compare with TR's "Think Tank" method. Actual reefers getting together discussing some common and not so common events and finding answers that are tried and true, real life applications in answering questions and producing solutions to problems. I feel confident that we will have many future podcasts to help further our knowledge and allow us to share our reefing successes and victories over the many challenges that reefers have faced. Rob is taking a much needed and overly deserved short break, but is always behind the scenes whether we hear from him or not. ;) And fear not, we have our beloved TR Gurus to hold the fort down. :up:

lReef lKeeper
09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
HA HA HA ... guru !! OH boy, what are we gonna do with you ?? lol

Rob
09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
yes.. i always have wheel churning as to what to do next.. some ideas work out.. many do not..
we will see what the future holds... with winter coming back in i might be starting to work on some new projects... we will see how it goes..

thanks for all the kind words.. and right now.. i really want to make sure that the thanks is directed to the TR staff.. the mods here and the people that help to run this site when im not here.. they are truly the ones that deserver the credit.

bbl_nk
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Rob,

I agree completely! Thank you TR staff for maintaining the excellence, hands-on, caring and family approach that makes TR, well, TR! Its great that everyone is on board with Rob initial vision and adding their personality and flair to the mix!

EXCELLENT JOB TR STAFF!

lReef lKeeper
09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
thanx Brian, i am sure that i speak for everyone else that helps out, when i say, that TR is like our home away from home or a second family. everyone that works on the site feels the same way, so we all do our parts to keep it clean and functioning properly.

CarmieJo
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
You know we really are like a family here. I love the fact that we have members from 13 to 70 years old, newbs to old pros, we all hold different opinions about some things and that we all pitch in to help each other. Thanks to each and every one of you for being part of my TR family!