PDA

View Full Version : Fish Suggestions

Albatros
04-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey all,

Am interested in adding a couple more fish to my tank and would like some suggestions. I have a 180G AGA with the following fish, all been in tank for 3-6 months and doing fine.

1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Purple Tang
1 - Sailfin Tang
1 - Blue Hippo Tang
4 - Blue/Green Chromis
1 - Coral Beauty Angel
1 - Flame Angel
2 - False Clowns
2 - Firefish
1 - Lawnmower Blenny
1 - Pink Damsel (on his way to Floris Elementary when caught!)
1 - Watchman Goby with Pistol
Good size cleaning crew
4 - cleaner shrimp
2 - Sand shifting stars
1 - Sea Cucumber (brown)
1 - Squamosa Clam

I have a fair amount of SPS, LPS and softies. so they have to be reef safe and non-agressive. I have thought about just standing pat. on what I have also.

Thanks in advance,

John :p

AdamJ
04-14-2006, 05:39 PM
personally i would hold on to about a year for more, but thats me.

i think you have some beautiful fish, so i would let them hang out for a bit longer.

Amphibious
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I would second Adam's advice. We reefers get in a place of complacency when a little time goes by without trouble (3 to 6 months) and then we get restless and get the, "I can add a couple more critters because everythings going great". That's when we get into trouble. Enjoy your success and the beauty of your reef a little longer. That's my take on the situation.

Adam has a B.S. in Marine Biology, I have 38 years experience and a degree in education from The Marine school of Hard Knocks. If that means anything.

Rob
04-14-2006, 10:29 PM
and im nothing special compared to these two folks...
but i still agree with them 100%.. :)

gwen_o_lyn
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
interesting................. *enuff said!!!*

jeepjon
04-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Everyone has said wait...so I'll focus on AFTER the waiting! ! ! Maybe add some kind of pygmy angel...don't know if they're compatible with everything in there, but a cherub or some other angel would LOVE being in a tank like that! You could also add a royal gramma...give him some territory to stake out. WOuldn't bug those bigger fish, either! You've probably got a lot of color and motion...but if you need more, some wrasse like a six-line or something larger would add some motion and color.

Just some thoughts...as you can tell, I've only dealt with nano-sized fish before! So my suggestions are smaller!
-Jon

john
04-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Albatros,
I agree with jeepjon, A cherub angle , and or a royal gamma are good choices. I would also suggest a mandarin if you have a naturally accuring copapod population. It's tuff to get them to eat frozen food. I have all these fish and they do great together. I also have a purple tang and he gets along with all these fish as well if that helps any. A Bengaii Cardinal also maybe a good choice. All reef friendly and they keep to themselves unless more then one is introduced, and then they will most likely fight till there's only one swimming. John

Reefbaby
04-23-2006, 05:26 PM
I was also going to suggest a mandarin - but please wait until your tank is older and more established. They really need a large, thriving population of pods in order to survive!