PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a JBJ nano 28 HQI?

surplusrifleguy
08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
This tank looks pretty good, however, I am hoping to find someone who owns one and hear their opinion. I currently have the Red Sea Max, and I'm 50 /50 with it. I don't like the very limited amount of room in the back for adding a pump for a chiller. I like the lights, however, I feel they need to offer a halide setup. I like the skimmer, it works great with limited maintanence. I know the JBJ 28 HQI has halides, but how's the skimmer and the room in the back? Does anyone have some pics of the back area?

FishFinder
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I have one and it's pretty good. I like the halides and wavemaker although the wavemaker does get hung up now and again. For the money it isn't a bad deal. I would still do a DSB if possible and cycle it like any reef tank.

The only thing I miss with my HQI was a refugium so I ended up adding one. I would definitely do lots of investigating if you want to replace or setup another Nano, but the HQI is a pretty nice Nano overall. The skimmer is just a wood air stone skimmer. It isn't great but it works, although I took it off mine and went with just a refugium.