PDA

View Full Version : No more Aiptasia

Dragonwolf
08-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Got the Copper Banded Butterfly---No more aiptasia. That guy eats it like its candy. I had to use Joes Juice on a few of the bigger ones but the CBB took care of the rest. He is a great fish, he goes over every square inch of the rock looking for stuff to eat, so far he has not touched my feather dusters. Very peaceful and docile fish and well liked by his tank-mates.
Pic of him being acclimated.

poppin_fresh
08-03-2008, 03:34 PM
You got lucky getting one that would eat aiptasia right away. I've had three and none of them would eat aiptasia...or anything else for that matter. Mine, like so many people's, all eventually starved to death.

Hopefully you can find a food that it will eat post-aiptasia buffet. It really sucks to watch a fish ignore perfectly good food while wasting away. I really wish CBBs had a better success rate, they are probably my favorite fish, but they are certainly not for the inexperienced.

Phurst
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Mine cleared out all my aptasia too, then starved to death :( Has yours shown any interest in frozen foods?

Dragonwolf
08-09-2008, 08:22 AM
You guys are scaring me--No, he is not eating frozen food, all he does is pick off the rock and the aiptasia is all gone--any ideas? I really like this guy.

Phurst
08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I've heard some will eat either live blackworms if you can find them, or possibly frozen bloodworms.