PDA

View Full Version : Did or is Salifert going out of business?

FishFinder
07-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I hope this is only a rumor, but the person telling me is very reliable!

Has any heard that Salifert went out of business? Could it be the company who makes the best test kits is gone? Please tell me it isn't so.

Amphibious
07-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I haven't heard anything about it.

FishFinder
07-13-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm sure you have a lot more contacts in the industry than me. I may have to call Marine Depot on Monday to find out for sure.

CarmieJo
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I haven't read anything about it on any of the forums I frequent.

Victoria
07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
From what I heard from Marine Depot was that earlyer this year they had a bad batch of Alk test kits. People started to complaine and they got overwhelmed and and did not replace the kits. I was one person that got a bad kit. I'm not a complainer so I never ask for a replacement. Anyway I don't believe they are a very big company. My soninlaw was stationed in Holland and went to there business for me. I was hoping to get some kits shipped to me cheap. They did not sell to the public and were not very big. Anyway because they were not returning any e-mail from angry people, I think they just stopped shipping atleast till they fixed the problem. I myself like there test kits but I did change the alk test kit to another brand. Well thats all I know...

Amphibious
07-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks for reporting that info, Victoria. Sounds like a great Son-in-Law.

Victoria
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Yes my soninlaw is a great guy. He will becoming home in Aug from "the cat box" Thats what they call it. lol the war! Sand, sand and more sand!!!

Amphibious
07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
"the cat box" - :rotfl: There has to be more fact than fiction in that statement.

Thank him for his service to our freedom!!! :love!:

Dick

Victoria
07-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Will do Dick he coming home in 18 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!