PDA

View Full Version : Mini Featherdusters?

bbl_nk
07-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey gang,

I have a few new friends showing up in my tank. I have notcied a few tiny feather dusters in the tank. They are small ranging from about 1/2-1 cm in length, white tubes with orange/red strainers from one end. i noticed two the other day and just noticed about 10 more on the underside of a rock.

My question is, do these stay small? Do they grow larger?

Thanks!

Brian

PhotoJohn
07-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I have some that sound like that. They stay small

Phurst
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Agreed. My copperband ate all of them in my tank, but there are still a bunch in my fuge. Mine have definitely stayed small.

bbl_nk
07-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I figured that much, but it was way cool to find something new in the tank :)

Thanks guys!

V
07-08-2008, 03:31 AM
actually, mine keep building longer @ss tubes to spring from. Might have something to do the gravity effect down here:huh: but then again, like a flight plan, the nano is on a simple approach in the real-estate / hostility department.

actually here's a question for you all, off topic indeed, but hey, spread the love i say..anyways , ive got a crab in the nano thats king rooster, he picks off everything crab looking, now he's killed like 5 since ive set it up, & there's no way 5 came from the centre piece rockwork as the thing was shaked & baked for years without water, & on top of that ive only ever seen this one & a carcus of the victims proudly displayed on the bottom. He's kinda like a backwards preditor, flays his subjects then kicks the bodies off his cliff!

True dat - i do have plenty of rock in sump, but unless crab cakes are the flavour of the month, there's no way for them to make it into the pipework intact unless they pull a nemo with a rock trick on the impellor.

you'd also have to be hairy spider man to make it into the dump pipe surely as its horizontal with the water line, & even then i should be giving these little guys a state funeral if they brave & survive that water washed uphill battle only to minced as soon as they enter the V's crab arena :eek:

so whats shaken bacon, how the %$#% does so many crabs enter the display...lol

Even if its a case of some $2 hooker crabs eggs coming up from the sump because she was to busy trying to get to the case wine beside the tank - i still dont see how unless it happens in pitch black that nemo's half cut relative wouldn't pick em off instantly, as both the outlets are ether side of his prized tenticled sponge bed! Just doesn;t make sence , even to me - now thats scary! :D

CarmieJo
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Don't suppose that they are molts are they?

V
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
nope, dont let the preditor joke fool ya! :shout: definately real deals!

I dont activly feed it often enough for it to grow franticly bigger anyways