PDA

View Full Version : HELP-feather duster tube

laurabolyard
06-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Details later!! For now, feather duster (lg hawiian) slipped out of his tube when I was going to transfer him back in the tank. He is in a bucket, laying next to his tube. He looks fine, but I am not sure I know what to do from here. I know trying to put him back in is not a good idea, I hoped that he would crawl back in, doesnt look like thats happening, there was a bit of sand and debris in the bottom which is now kind of stuck to him, I am guessing he is excreting mucuc to do just that???? Leave him in the bucket for now and add some more 'stuff"? Put him in my adapted critter carrier with holes, and set it into the tank with some sand at the bottom?? Help PLEASE!!

laurabolyard
06-13-2008, 11:38 PM
its going to be ok I think, I must have panicked at a busy time:unsure:
He is almost finished with his preliminary tube. I added some sand and detrius (I had just done a tank clean, had vaccuumed some out earlier) he is using both of those things to build it. I added a small pump to the bucket cause I plan to leave him there overnight. See, I managed!

Amphibious
06-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm so proud of you. You get a Gold Star.

Skurvey Dog
06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Lol Laura. I can't help but chuckle to myself, because I had a duster come out of his tube also. I couldn't believe that large black slug looking creature was my beautiful water flower. :) He managed to cover himself with sand and continued to lengthen his body until he had created himself another make do tube. I freaked out too at first. Glad he is doing ok and has made himself another protective shelter. :heart:

laurabolyard
06-15-2008, 11:19 PM
he really is doing great, he is actually done with his final tube!! This one was never shy, and I am sure it 'knows' me. If I approach slowly, I can accomplish all sorts of things without him retracting. I finally put him in a plastic dish with some sand at the bottom of the tank, mostly for his own security. He was even feeding during all of this, I was the only panicked one!! I will probable leave him where he is for a couple more days, just to be sure he is done. Thanx for the support!!