PDA

View Full Version : So many skimmers!

fishcounter
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
I am setting up a 90 gallon reef tank and I can't decide between a euroreef CS 100 and a My Reef Creations MR-1. Does any one have any suggestions? My tank will have a pretty large bio load.
Thanks!

gwen_o_lyn
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Also consider the ASM. That skimmer and the 2 you mentioned are HIGHLY recommended. I've heard great things about all of them. I have a Euroreef and love it.

Rob
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
i have heard great things about the euroreef, but have not tried any of them.
mine is a lifereef

kj_yoda
03-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I have an AquaC Urchin Pro and love it. I have heard great things about My Reef Creations stuff, and know Andy personally. They make everything to order, so it may take a few days to get.

Hope this helps.

JR Aquatics
03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
I currently use a an aquac 120 for my 90 gal reef and I love it. I have also owned euro reef which is one of my favorite skimmer to date. I have also heard great things about ASM skimmers, which is a cheaper needle wheel version of the euro reef.

fishcounter
03-31-2006, 03:37 AM
Well, I am now the proud parent of a Euroreef! You gotta love it!

JR Aquatics
03-31-2006, 09:49 AM
You will be very Happy. Make sure you place your waste collector inside your sump or the return for the first week. The skimmer will adjust and may overflow you container.

JustDavidP
03-31-2006, 11:27 AM
My Reef Creations make great products and from all the feedback I've heard from "peers" the customer service is outstanding.

I first used a Euroreef (ES 5-3) on my 75G reef and was VERY impressed. I now have a CS 6-2+ for the 26 Bowfront with 75G sump-fugium and it too is impressive. I'm a fan of Euroreef!

There are also some smaller 'mom and pop' type skimmers that are built upon the Euroreef and similar designs. There is a guy in Seakonk, MA (Coral Reef Aquarium - Jeremy) who makes his own skimmers based on this design. From the reports I've heard, they are VERY efficient skimmers and very inexpensive.

Dave