PDA

View Full Version : Taking Pictures

Privitor
04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I Know There Was A Thread That Talked About How To Take Pictures But I Cant Find It...

so i pose the question, is there anything special about taking quality photos? i have tried with different setting (flash,no flash, back-light ect...) but i have seen some very nice pics and i know it could be better.

so whats the trick guys????

lReef lKeeper
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
what i do is place the lens of the camera directly and flatly on the tanks front glass. it makes the camera think that it is looking directly at the specimen instead of a sheet of glass then the specimen. that helps A LOT.

Privitor
04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
thats a great idea THANX!!!

and whats about full tank pics with the lights on

PhotoJohn
04-04-2008, 12:30 AM
go here
http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/general-photography/6141-nikon.html

lReef lKeeper
04-04-2008, 12:32 AM
the key to FTSs is keeping the camera steady. i use a tri pod.

PhotoJohn
04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
you can also take several pics and stitch them together with photoshop

Victoria
04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
First what kind of camera do you have? I have found adjusting the white balance helps with the funny and not so real colors you can get. Then I turn off all powerheads so there is no flow (makes the shot much clearer). Also I do not use my flash. If you have an ajustment for brighness I go alittle darker. (It help to bring out the color) every camera is different so you have to play with it a little. Good luck! Take some shots and post them and we can help alot more.

laurabolyard
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
DEFINATLY go to NIKON thread under photography. Two of our illustrious photographers have been trying to help me with some shots. If you are using a digital with many setting options, you MUST read what they took so much time to post!!! I am still working through the info!!!