PDA

View Full Version : 92 Corner OverFlow Noise

CFOX
03-25-2008, 02:49 PM
I have a new 92 corner All-Glass tank with the built in OverFlow.
I seem to be getting alot of noise from the OverFlow area of the tank.
This came with the newer stye Overflow kit from All-Glass, but there still seems to be alot of noise coming from the OverFlow area of the tank.

I am running a CPR - CY194 Sump with a Rio - 3100 return pump - any suggestions on how to quiet this OverFlow down.

I was thinking about putting a ball value on the return line to resrict the flow alittle?

Please help me out with some suggestions.

Curt

Amphibious
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm not familiar with that drain system. Could you take a picture of the top of the overflow to show the stand pipe?

Dick

CarmieJo
03-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello CFOX and :welcome: to TR.

I don't know that changing the return rate would change the noise. If you could please post a picture...

joda
03-26-2008, 12:01 AM
is it similar to the Durso? i think i saw at my LFS some of their new AG tanks had durso pipes in them, but it could have been my LFS owner replacing the stock equip ...

i guess we'll see if you can post a pic ...

CFOX
03-26-2008, 08:14 AM
I will post a picture tonight but the new design is just like durso.

NaClFinatic
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I have an AGA overflow kit. First I had siphoning, not enough air gets in the air hole so it starts a siphon and sucks water until the level goes down to the strainer, then it sucks air and the water level rises again. By using a ball valve on my return I could have slowed the return rate to something that wouldn't start a siphon. But I drilled some extra holes in the top of the standpipe. That stopped the siphon, but it was noisier. I think I got used to it but my overflow cover may help some. There are definitely quieter ovflows out there to be had than the AGA one. Also I have quite a bit of noise in the drain and my skimmer took a while to quiet down. Some people use things like spaflex tubing to help quiet the drain and return lines.