PDA

View Full Version : zoo help

tdanks
03-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone I am pretty new to the whole saltwater thing I am running a 29 gl tall with 20pds live rock cpr bak pak2 and 2x65 pc. A friend of mine gave me a green zooanthus I put it in my tank but now alot of the polyps are turning brown and losing there green am I doing something wrong is my lighting not good enough or is this something they do when first added to a new system any help you can give me would be great

PhotoJohn
03-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Did the person who gave them to you have the same lighting? If not it could just be the lighting change. Whenever I have lost zoos they have always closed up and dissappeared. I have some greens right now that have turned to a darker green when I switched bulbs.

tdanks
03-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I think he had them under MH, will they do ok under power compacts

lReef lKeeper
03-02-2008, 05:06 AM
they should do OK under PCs but will probably not "color up" to thier full potential. try moving them closer to the lights and see what happens.

tdanks
03-02-2008, 11:29 AM
OK cool thanks alot I will try that I was thinking about moving them into a 15 gallon and putting the pc on there since I am upgrading to a bigger tank I am wondering if the lighting would be to much in such a small tank?