PDA

View Full Version : huh...black sploches on cleaner shrimp?

bryan ayo
02-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Ive had two cleaner shrimp in my tank for about 4 months...There great, they eat out of my hand and come out for hours a day...
Well today i noticed that they have black splotches starting covering there body's. I never notice this prier to today but it seems that the splashes are almost completely covering one and has spreed to the other... Should i be concerned??? I am very attached to these guys and would hate to lose them to a fixable problem! Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

HOPEFULY THIS PHOTO HELPS SHOW BLACK SPOTS
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q26/amorg16/Picture551.jpg

Amphibious
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Great photo. The black blotches are very visible. I've never seen that before. they look healthy. It may be nothing significant and could disappear when they molt.

bryan ayo
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks,is easy to get a pic of these two hams. But yeah,the spots just all of a sudden appeared ...One has it all over and the other one looks like is starting to get it as well...I was thinking the same and hope it goes away with the next molt.

bryan ayo
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Has anyone else seen anything like this????

bryan ayo
02-22-2008, 12:05 AM
26 views and only one comment...i guess i need to start my thread with "HELP,MY FISH HAS ICH...WHAT DO I DO! "that way some one will look at my post and possibly leave me some advice

bryan ayo
02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
well,i guess there is only one person interested in my shrimp...what happen to the experts!!

CarmieJo
02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi Bryan,

I've never seen anything like this either. Are they eating and behaving like normal? Are you dosing iodine? If not you may want to dose and test for it. I did find this ClrShrpDisFAQs (http://www.wetwebmedia.com/clrshrpdisfaqs.htm) that has a picture of a shrimp with similar spots.

bryan ayo
02-24-2008, 11:29 PM
They seem normal,eating and still out all the time..I use Reef Solution which is a great daily additive that has iodine,strontium,magnesium and other vitamins. A friend from my local Reef club was saying that the two shrimp could have been fighting and thats where the spots came from...They haven't molted this week yet so i guess ill just have to wait...It just funny no one seems to have ever seen this before....thanks Carmie for the response!