PDA

View Full Version : Question about lighting failure on the BioCubes?

PatrickLindsay
02-13-2008, 02:13 AM
First of all I just wanted to say hi. My girlfriend and I invested in a 8 gallon BioCube 10 months ago and everything was going swell until we have this lighting issues. The only light that works is the black light/UV light. THe white light won't work and when replaced with another it still doesn't work. I did notice the actual size of the light bulb was a hair larger width wise, but the connectors married up just fine with one another? Is this a manufacture defect maybe? Would they send me out a new top or a new lighting ballast?

Thanks for any info

Cheers

Patrick

wizbang
02-13-2008, 03:09 AM
Call the manufacturer. I had the same problem. This is a known issue. Inside 3 minutes tech support was asking for my address for shipping new connectors. They are EASY to install. Haven't had an issue with lighting since.

Don

CarmieJo
02-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi Patrick it sounds like Don has already solved your problem so all I can add is :welcome: to TR.

itsme8719
02-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I had the same problem when I got my BC29. The problem I had was a bad ballast. I just called the support number and they sent me out a new ballast within a week.

keith p
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Glad to hear that manufacturers are standing behind there products!