PDA

View Full Version : Seavisions tanks

Mythe
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a SeaVisions tank. I am particularly interested in there Dailyseas product as well as there CADDS product. Automatic backwashing amongst other things sounds very interesteing to me.

New Page 1 (http://www.seavisions.com/CADS%20PAGE.htm)
Products (http://www.seavisions.com/products.htm)

Brian

Reefbaby
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
hmmm....looks expensive to me!

Welcome, by the way, to TR!!!

I didn't quite get what the filtration system is, other than the micro-mesh. Is there also a skimmer built in?

CarmieJo
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I've looked then over and, while I could not afford one, they certainly appear to be state of the art. Is technology based on renal dialysis overkill for the typical tank? Maybe so. But it they work as advertised your parameters should stay rock solid and that is certainly a plus for inverts.

Reefbaby
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
you certainly would pull out a lot of microorganisms using filters set to 100 microns....I would think...

CarmieJo
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I didn't think about that Christi.

Amphibious
02-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Spent time reading on this site and must say it is impressive but, too rich for my blood.

Dick

Mythe
02-13-2008, 10:43 AM
hmmm....looks expensive to me!

Welcome, by the way, to TR!!!

I didn't quite get what the filtration system is, other than the micro-mesh. Is there also a skimmer built in?

Yes there approach is a pallete concept, where you get the dailyseas, which takes care of dosing trace elements, calcium, and automatic water additions ect. You get a chiller your choice either air to water or water to water. You get the CADDS system which is the filtrartion aspect as stated it is 100 micron mesh system that also performs automatic backwashes of the screen. The system also does automatic water changes to your specifications it's completely programmable. CADDS has a built in skimmer and a UV sterilizer as well. You get battery backups for the entire system to keep it up and running for atleast 24 hrs. Yes it's expensive I agree but I think it might be a silver bullet solution to a degree. I attached a couple of pictures of there pallete concept from the website.

Brian

Amphibious
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh by the way, welcome to TR, Mythe.

Seavisions is located 1 1/2 hour drive South of me just 4 miles from a fellow coral farmer friend of mine. Next time I go South I'll take camera and pay them a visit.

Stay tuned.

Dick

lReef lKeeper
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
it seems to me that having all of that would really take the fun out of the hobby for me. it is the learning process that makes it all worth while, IMO.

Reefbaby
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
what's the smallest size tank that they can do? It seems like all the filter equipment, etc., takes up quite a bit of space. From the pictures on the website (which are spectacular, I have to admit), they all look like huge aquariums...

Mythe
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
what's the smallest size tank that they can do? It seems like all the filter equipment, etc., takes up quite a bit of space. From the pictures on the website (which are spectacular, I have to admit), they all look like huge aquariums...

Gallery 1 (http://www.seavisions.com/photo_gallery.htm)

Reefbaby this link is to there gallery it show a wide variety of tanks of a mulitude of sizes and either fre standing or custom built in units. There are 125 185 up to 2000 gallons in the gallery

Brian

rroselavy
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM

One of their charts (http://www.seavisions.com/standard%20aquariums.htm) has the smallest size listed at 72g(48"x18"x20").

Clearly I think these systems were invented to allow the Aquarist more dive time.

http://www.seavisions.com/images/jasondiving.jpg

CarmieJo
02-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Look :eek: at that bank of lights! You could land the space shuttle with them!

V
02-19-2008, 08:42 AM
you know im going to swing toward the for camp on this one.
I love it, think its a great idea & quite frankly about time a company produced a decent product of automation.

Yes i agree, indiscriminate, this thing would kill both good & bad living in the water column, but honestly, from a corporate point of view having a tank in a foyer or board room needs someone or something to care for it, cause business takes 95% of your time. So yeah, im for it & in my opinion is definitely a justified investment for a "non exclusive" hobbiest point of view

rroselavy
02-19-2008, 04:25 PM
...from a corporate point of view having a tank in a foyer or board room needs someone or something to care for it, cause business takes 95% of your time. So yeah, im for it & in my opinion is definitely a justified investment for a "non exclusive" hobbiest point of view

There's a lawyers office 2 doors down from where we work with a 400g tank in their lobby that is covered in GHA. They certainly could use an artificial kidney.

I was at the Long Beach Aquarium ("of the Pacific") yesterday, and was reminded of how they treat their massive amount of water. Having a Dialyseas system in a way seems like a miniature version of what these huge facilities deploy. Interesting, albeit a bit too "sterile" for me to deploy. Although export is key, I like the idea that there are organisms/nutrients/toxins in the water column that I have some contribution in sustaining or extracting. This is the "soil" (and toil) of reef gardening. Dialyseas seems more like Hydroponic farming.

coralreef909
03-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I was recently at the Seavisions website and according to what I read there, planktonic organisms are not harmed or killed. It can kill parasitic organisms. If I were to ever use this device on my reef aquarium I would use it selectively via its programmable computer for regular scheduled automatic water changes in conjunction with the ecosystem miracle mud filter most especially when 50% of the miracle mud has to be changed after the second year of operation and then every year after that.This way all my Fish, corals and invertebrates are never thrown into shock or unduly stressed.I also learned there's a doser add on for dosing calcium,,iodine,Kalkwasser and other chemical additives whenever required. It even keeps track of salinity,carbonate hardness dKh,PH,ORP,Temperature,nitrite,nitrate,ammonia,pho sphate levels and dissolved oxygen etc. No more messy water changes and no need for a separate RO/DI unit as it is already built into the unit. Its only drawback is that it is pricey! but well worth the price in the long run for the ambitious reef hobbyist. Patented technology. www.seavisions.com Maybe Rob could invite someone from Seavisions to give a talk about the Dailyseas with a Q&A session on a future upcomming podcast of talking reef.

Reefbaby
03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Welcome coralreef909!! Great to see you here. Thanks for your input.

We'll see what Rob has to say to your idea! :D

V
03-25-2008, 02:29 AM
CR909, your a lurker that bought a TR flash light for the shadows. What happened brother, you joined almost a year ago & this is your first posting.lol