PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Coris / Golden Wrasse and Feather Dusters?

pammy
02-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Hi. Does anyone have a Coris / Golden Wrasse in a tank with Feather dusters ? Has the wrasse bothered the feather duster?
My book on reef fish, says the wrasse may go after "fan worms" and live aquaria, says it may go after feather dusters. I have a larger Hawaiian feather duster, and another type of feather duster, and am wondering if the wrasse with go after those, or do they mainly go after the tiny feather dusters that pop up on your live rock?

Thanks, Pam

Skurvey Dog
02-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Hello Pammy :fish:

I do not have one so I can't speak from experience, but I did find you this information.
"It will eat fireworms and pyramidellid snails, protecting corals and clams. In addition, it may eat feather dusters, wild shrimp, tubeworms, and flatworms. It may also eat parasites off of tank mates."

I guess it will depend on if the fish is motivated by hunger or if this is a normal behaviour or trait of the animal. Try making sure he is fed regularly and monitor his behaviour.