PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose my fish!

stevefranks
03-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I could do with some advice on stocking a 300 gallon reef tank (in construction phase) System consists of 96x30x24 tank, 60x18x14 sump, Ocean Runner 6500, Tunze Skimmer. System will be reef system.

I shall be filling the tank and mixing in situ in the next week or two, then taking delivery of 220kg of live rock, then cycling tank. This will give me time to sit back and choose fish (if nothing goes wrong!) hopefully.

We are buying our fish on consolidated import. I have looked at the lists, and made a list purely on looks, not compatibility (I did it before I went to bed).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the following fish in terms of compatibility? I have left the coral/invert list at work, and I shall post tommorow.

Purple Queen Anthias Square Anthias Fork Tail Blenny Bantayan Butterfly Black Back Butterfly Clown Fish (Large) Domino Damsel Yellow Belly Damsel Blue Ribbon Eel Naso Lipstick Tang Lyretail Wrasse Yellow Stripe Clingfish Razor Fish Shoulder Tang Regal Blue Tang Clown Sweetlip

Look forward to your thoughts!

Stephen.

gwen_o_lyn
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd skip the damsels- they are very aggressive

Reefbaby
03-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Steve - i would wait a bit with the regal blue tang. they can be a bit finicky and like really good water quality.

are you planning on having invertebrates, such as cleaner shrimp? You might want to research on the eel and make sure that it will leave the shrimp alone...

I'd skip the damsels as well.

A naso tang I would love to have as well! They're beautiful...

btw...did you get my pm? did you have any luck?

stevefranks
03-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey Christi,

Thanks, got your PM. I pick the tank up next week!

I have done some research on the eel, seems like they do not belong in captivity. Most only last 2 months as they starve.

Reefbaby
03-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Good - I'm glad you're researching the rest of the critters!

Good luck with the tank! I'll be excited to see the progression.

Did you, by the way, decide to go with IKS or not?