PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the NEW Current USA 34G Nano?

wizbang
01-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Oh my! This looks really nice. It has a nice (looking) skimmer built in, that seems to actually function properly.

Rimless. Black silicone. Halides or CF lights. Furniture grade stand. Very nice.

The Current Solana - Solana - Aquarium System | Current What's Next (http://www.current-usa.com/solana.html)

No, I do NOT work for Current. I just thought this was a beautiful tank when I saw it at the LFS.

I was considering this as a pony tank for my wife and was hoping SOMEONE here had some experience with it.

Don

NaClFinatic
01-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Cool. How much is it? Cheaper than the Red Sea MAX?

Phurst
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow, that is a nice looking tank. Built in ATO too.

thesaent14
01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
is a really nice tank

CarmieJo
01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
It looks like a nice tank. I like the ATO, really important in a nano.

wizbang
01-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Where I saw the tank, it was around $700-ish (can't remember exactly), including the stand.

The ATO is very small and would probably need to be filled daily (religiously). My BioCube 14G takes about 1/2 G daily, but I keep the lid up and a fan running most of the time. I replaced the stock pump with a mini-jet and it now runs warmer (80*-82* with the lid down). The fan keeps it around 78*.

Don

jason3880
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I have had mine set up for a few months, some things to think about. Well the ATO is no good and the skimmer is OK for a stock skimmer. The tunze skimmer has a after market cup that allows the skimmer to remain in chamber 1. The return pump needs upgraded IMO otherwise this set up looks very sharp from all sides. I am also in the process of converting an old Amiracle HOB skimmer unit to act as my fuge. I think all setups recommended to me have always needed minor improvements/adjustments to function as i need them to. As i said this tank is very sharp looking and I am very happy with it but we all have different needs/wants, so nothing out of the box is ever ready.

rayme07
12-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Very cool looking tank. I like how strong the stand looks. when I always look at nanos the stands always look flimsy and top heavy ready to fall just my opinion but this one looks nice and I like the cabinet at the bottom. :agree: Thanks for sharing this tank wizbang. :)

pvtdonut
12-10-2008, 08:54 AM
My lfs had one of those for sale. it looked really neat. Im not sure how much it was going for though..knowing them, probably about 350 for the tank, light and stand....