PDA

View Full Version : happy new year peoples

V
12-31-2007, 11:19 AM
well i lost a glass slipper 2 hours ago - what does that mean?

happy new years guys, hope you all make it 0.015% better than the previous.

its funny, the older you get, the less sunrise you seem to experience on nights like this..lol You guys still have the Lag to deal with, so start drinking water now for what about to come..........end of transmission.

lReef lKeeper
12-31-2007, 12:32 PM
happy new year to you buddy !!

poppin_fresh
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
I didn't think new years in Aussie town happened until next tuesday?

My wife and I are currently planning to drive over there this summer...can you put us up for a couple days? How much is gas over there? Should I plan on filling up before we leave the U.S.? :D

CarmieJo
01-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Happy New Year! Hope all of my friends from TR have a safe, happy and prosperous 2008!

Skurvey Dog
01-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Happy 2008! :party: Hope everyone is feeling well this morning and did not over induldge bringing in the new year. Poppin, I believe V is 12hrs ahead of our schedule. I had a girlfriend who left here in 99 to join her new love in ozzie land. I have to laugh because at the turn of the new millinia, she e-mailed me after midnight saying not to fear, that the world did not blow up! :D I could be mistaken though with the time factor you know, with me being old and senile. :rotfl:

Everyone to my house for chilled shrimp and champagne spritzies!!!!!!!!!

lReef lKeeper
01-01-2008, 11:47 AM
to bad i dont drink anymore !! i would be on my way !!

Amphibious
01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
well i lost a glass slipper 2 hours ago - what does that mean?

happy new years guys, hope you all make it 0.015% better than the previous.

its funny, the older you get, the less sunrise you seem to experience on nights like this..lol You guys still have the Lag to deal with, so start drinking water now for what about to come..........end of transmission.
It means, bushboy, you'll be drinking your beer out of the bottle and your lady friend will limp home and ruin a pair of pantyhose. :rotfl:

Happy New Year back at ya!!!

Dick

Skurvey Dog
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Stir the pot! Stir the pot! Gosh I adore everyone's sense of humor. :love!:

V
01-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I didn't think new years in Aussie town happened until next tuesday?

Yeah i hear ya, that only applies to basic essentials like running water, warm blankets for the kangaroo over night so their not slow when your riding them to school the next day, box-office movies ect ect. lol
Time it seems is the one thing we are ahead on;)

My wife and I are currently planning to drive over there this summer...can you put us up for a couple days? How much is gas over there? Should I plan on filling up before we leave the U.S.? :D

Yeah no probs, if you can stand all of the above & milk the roo's, not for milk but for poop, what can i say - stable currency these days...lol ...muhahaha

Skurvey Dog
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Happy New Years V! :cheers: Naw, from what my girlfriend told me... it is terribly different from the states, but it is a good life. Rent is very expensive. Seafood, even though you have the ocean frontage, is very expensive. But......... life is safe, low crime rate, good people. She read me the big community outrage of a few tools stolen out of the back of a Jeep like car? Don't remember what she called the vehicle. (It was unusual, a roundabout?) The whole town was in a whirl. :) Baked beans/spagetti noodles for breakfast, not a bowl of grits to be found as it is illegal to import corn products! :tongue2 It is also my understanding that slang terms in regards to sports teams is dangerous. One should never say they root for another team and other misinterpreted comments. :up::rotfl: Her new love promptly told her that she was implying that she was "sleeping" with the entire team. :):shout: Needless to say she was a laugh a minute due to her ignorance of ozzie ways. Well, after a year there, she successfully adapted, got married and has been there ever since. At our last conversation when I asked her if and when she was coming back, she promptly retorted..... NEVER! I asked her what her favorite pastime was and she said that slot machines were really big and the parties she attended were even better! Your seasons are opposite from here in the states and that on Christmas you have been known to have a bar-b-que on the beach. I have yet to take her up on an invite, but hope to do so before my parking meter expires. Enjoy your cockatiels, dangerous Barrier Reef sharks, spiders and snakes. I envy your ballerina (men in tutu skirts) skiers and water show you have every year at the .....what is that place called? You have this giant open air theatre right on the water. Sorry for my ignorance, but I saw pics that she sent me and it was awesome. It blew my mind that one of our Wriggly chewing gum factories was located there!

V
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Happy New Years V! :cheers: Naw, from what my girlfriend told me... it is terribly different from the states, but it is a good life. Rent is very expensive. Seafood, even though you have the ocean frontage, is very expensive.

On cause people keep spending the money to begin with.

But......... life is safe, low crime rate, good people. She read me the big community outrage of a few tools stolen out of the back of a Jeep like car? Don't remember what she called the vehicle. (It was unusual, a roundabout?)
The whole town was in a whirl.

no ideal, a chrysler jeep...wrangler maybe?

Baked beans/spagetti noodles for breakfast, not a bowl of grits to be found as it is illegal to import corn products!

i never new corn products we illegal to import, sheesh!
And im going to assume 90% of the population eat cerial, juices, toast or fruit for breaky. baked beans make you fart big time & spag noodles are for kids..lol

:tongue2 It is also my understanding that slang terms in regards to sports teams is dangerous. One should never say they root for another team and others misinterpreted comments. :rotfl: Her new love promptly told her that she was implying that she was "sleeping" with the entire team. :):shout: Needless to say she was a laugh a minute due to her ignorance of ozzie ways.

Yeah some terms are definately different, support, barrick, Go-for ect ect is the normal conversion to Root i guess. Understanding Ozzie isn't an over night thing you know :D

Well, after a year there, she successfully adapted, got married and has been there ever since. At our last conversation when I asked her if and when she was coming back, she promptly retorted..... NEVER!
I asked her what her favorite pastime was and she said that slot machines were really big and the parties she attended were even better! Your seasons are opposite from here in the states and that on Christmas you have been known to have a bar-b-que on the beach.

Its good doing stuff like that around the beachs, not just at christmas. Its crowded down my way when it comes to that, but the further north you go the more freedom space you enjoy. Some beaches you'd be lucking to see anyone for miles.
Also taking an esky full of piss (American translation - portible ice box full of coldies) into the mountains to swim in the rivers & waterfalls is totally worth it.

I have yet to take her up on an invite, but hope to do so before my parking meter expires. Enjoy your cockatiels, dangerous Barrier Reef sharks, spiders and snakes.

Everything In OZ can potentually kill you, basicly you have the top 10 natral killers in the world stationed here, & it if looks cute & cuddly like a stuffed toy, watch out, cause in the wild they can hurt you too...lol

I envy your ballerina (men in tutu skirts) *You lost me there, that word doesn't even exist to me , maybe your thinking of the pacific islanders!* :huh:

skiers and water show you have every year at the .....what is that place called? You have this giant open air theatre right on the water. Sorry for my ignorance, but I saw pics that she sent me and it was awesome.

What state? Im assuming your talking sydney harbor in NSW, the theatre would be the sydney oper house which is right on the water. Ive been there, its ok, i prefer QLD or the state im in now, Victoria

It blew my mind that one of our Wriggly chewing gum factories was located there!
Whats 1/8th of a dollar between friends, you supply the factory, we supply the cheap asian work force cause they have the smallest hands..lol