PDA

View Full Version : Anenome Strecthing In The Wrong Way

tlpmyd
12-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I Have A Rose Anenome That Use To Stay In One Spot, But Now For Some Reason Is Stretching Its Arm As Far Out As It Can And Covering A Nice Polyp Rock And Maxima Clam, Is There A Way I Can Get The Anenome Back To Where There Was No Corals It Can Harass? Also, I Heard If I Ever Wanted To Take It Out Of The Tank It Will Damage The Foot Of It, Is This True?

Phurst
12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
There's no way to keep it in one place. It will move if the conditions no longer suit it. It will move about to find a more suitable location. You are going to have to move either the anemone or the clam, as the anemone will surely kill the clam.

You definitely do NOT want to damage the foot of an anemone. That's a good way to kill one.

Is it on a rock, or the glass?

BTW, capitalizing every word makes your post more difficult to read.

tlpmyd
12-20-2007, 07:35 PM
its on the rock, i tried gently taking the foot off the rock but to no avail., i guess i have to keep trying.

PhotoJohn
12-20-2007, 11:25 PM
just move the rock

lReef lKeeper
12-20-2007, 11:33 PM
i would just let it go where it wants to. just try to keep everything out of its way.

CarmieJo
12-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Have you recently moved things (rocks, powerheads, etc) around in the tank?

Amphibious
12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Hi Tom,

Anemones have a mind of their own when it comes to placement in a tank. It's searching for just the right spot. Like the above advice, you'll just have to move the clam and coral.

Dick

V
12-30-2007, 06:16 AM
You know ive had anems on & off for years. I lovem but they can be a pain when they wander aimlessly. What adds injury to insult is when you target conditions thats suits them & they still travel. Nothing like wandering too far & a ride down the sump express elevator to hell to get it to stay in one place...lol
Couple days without light & only smelling your food as it goes rocketing past will make any spot in the DT seem cosy:rotfl:

The attachment factor can be an issue, as you progress you will inevitably become accustom to what treatment they can withstand & what manual intervention is doing potential harm. Sometimes purely by your own observations alone.

Personally mine can frequent the atmosphere at such times in order to allow gravity to turn the animal back on itself, which in my particular case & the Australian species maybe, makes manual detachment far easier & does them no visible harm. Once again, my experience only - the best time to try it is on full water inhale.

When the animals defenses are triggered & they ball up, the foot print is smaller, however having a greater mass & handling in a non lethal way makes them more compliant.

Just food for thought anyways. prob keep in mind our sea's have a concentration of beer added which might explain thhe ease of multi tasking such things..lol