PDA

View Full Version : Mate

f2titan
12-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I have two clowns in my tank. A tomato clown, thats pretty good size. And a nemo clown (sorry don't know its proper name). Both clowns get along just fine. There are about 6 other fish in the tank. Its a 45 gal corner, with a bunch of live rock to boot!

If I wanted a companion for one, or both. Would there be a problem introducing them? The clowns have been in the tank together for about 8 months.

PhotoJohn
12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
its a crap shoot...if you are going to try to pair one try pairing the "nemo" clown. They are less agressive than tomatos.

CarmieJo
12-16-2007, 11:05 PM
But the fact that the tomato is getting along with the "nemo" is somewhat unusual. I think that you might upset the balance that you have. Nemos can be A. percula or A. ocellaris.

graphixx
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah that might not work. I dont know if your heart is set on that but a suggestion would be to see if a local fish store would give you credit for your tomatoe and that could go towards the purchase of a mate for the other clown or vica versa

Shananagans
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I never really liked tomatoe clowns and I was told they can be agressive and they get larger then I would have like for a clown. Where as your "nemo clown" probly a false perc is just my thing. When I started up my tank 2 of the first fish I bought were mated false percs. Unfortunatly I had 2 major ick attacks on the tank and a heater problem. (all of which have long been resolved) but the 2 ick attacks killed the males (normally smaller in size). Meaning when the tank had ick it killed the male I later went and got another, the female had no problem accepting the male even tho it was smaller in size, I did that twice and no problems. There are "tricks" that can help too. Adding the new fish to a dimly lit well feed tank, is always good. At this present time I have a false perc female and a true ocellaris male clown. They paired right up. Which is not uncommon. Love knows no bounds. There are many guildlines in this hobby, I am always researching and studying how I can bend them. Your complication comes in with the tomatoe, I would agree with the above suggestion and see if you could get credit for the tomatoe. Hope this helps.

V
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
kinda like a pocket dog & a german sheppard doing the bump ugly :o

I love the tomato clowns, vampires of the sea, because ive lost my fair share after sticking the hands in to do something.