PDA

View Full Version : sebae anemone question

slebla240
11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I just received a sebae anemone from a friend. I tried placing him in the substrate, but all of my pumps blow him around. I heard of ppl placing a piece of tile under the sand to give him something to hang on, but never heard how deep. I was thinking that it varied with the size of the anemone. My nem. is about 1.5-2" dia. balled up and about 4-5"dia. full open(at least so far). Also, do you dig a hole, place the nem. there, wait for him to grip, or just bury it and place the nem on top?

thx in advance for any thoughts or/and advice

steven <- nervous reefer

cr8signs
11-15-2007, 07:37 PM
My sebae is attached to a rock, and does not like to be blown around at all. Every time he has been in high/med flow areas, he moves. Of course, this is just my anemones preference. To get mine to stop moving around I bought a clear plastic container, the kind that would attach in a shower for holding things(they have holes all over in them so water can flow in and out) Put some nice live rock pieces in the container with the anemone and let him attach, wait till he is
very comfortable (2-3 weeks), then with the least amount of trama, move that rock to a spot that is close to the same area. That way it will still have the same flow and light, If you are lucky the anemone will not notice the difference and stay put. This was my experience, of course it doesn't mean it works for everybody. Good Luck!