PDA

View Full Version : Timer/power Strip

fish
10-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Ok, I just got my nee T5 HO light fixture, but I have a problem...it has 4 differente plugs, one for actinic, daylight, moonlight and fan......NOW....I need a power strip/timer that can control all 4, or at least 3, but separately....I wan the actinic to come on an hour before daylight and at the same time go out an hour after daylight..and probably have the moolight kick in an hour after the actinic goes off.....anybody here using a timer/power strip that can actually do that? I have seen some with a lot of connections, but they either go on/off a the same time or if the unit has 4 connections, 2 go on/off at the same time and so do the other...I wan separate controls for each AC connection.....let me know. Thanks guys.

V
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
i use Heller programable power strips. LCD display with 4 distinct programable modes per outlet. So with a 4 pot screamer, you potentially have 16 combinations you can program, 6 pot strip - 24 ect ect.
saves timers & all the other gismos we plug gear into. Hope it helps

fish
10-15-2007, 08:26 AM
thanks for repplying veriann......can you give me a link to where I could buy the Heller unit you're describing? thanks again.

Amphibious
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Check Premium Aquatics, Marine Depot or Big Als. One of them should have something you could use.

V
10-16-2007, 01:43 AM
if all else fails, 50% mark-up if i send them from Oz, oh sorry, mates rates....umm......47.5% markup...lol

fish
10-16-2007, 04:26 AM
I could not for the life of me find a decent powerstrip/timer...I have checked all over the place...the only one that even comes close to what you have described is made by cora life and nothing but bad reviews about it...so, if you could, can you post a picture of the unit you are using so I can shop around my area? thanks...if not, it's cool, I'll keep looking