PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong

lovemytank45
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I have your basic orangeish tan anemone my boyfriend knows what it is called, I dont. We've had it for a few months and all of a sudden it started floating. My boyfriend put it back down in the water (probably not a good idea) and now it is very shriveled and the top of it looks like he is constantly throwing up. Its not a substance hat floats away from it but it just continues to "curdle" the best way to describe it cottage cheese or VERY VERY tiny pieces of coliflower all over the top. I think it is dead but my boyfriend does not. Im not sure what to do. It has not floated up again but it looks like it is really sick. I have two clownfish and 3 damsels, some live rock, a few snails and tiny little crab which was totally a surprise. How can I tell if it is dead? What do I do?

My fish were like obsessed with the camera so I only got a couple poor quality photos without the fish or a glare. Sorry, Im in the market for a new camera I had to use my phone camera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/squeaky45/anemone1.jpg

Mr. Tang
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM
how about a pic??? What color is it right now? A good sign of unhappiness is loss of color. Floating doesn't sound good either.

Mike

CarmieJo
10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Can you give us more information? Type of anemone, how long have you had it, tank parameters, how long has it been running, size, filtration and anything else you can think of relating to it.

lReef lKeeper
10-12-2007, 10:36 PM
we will need a pic, tank parameters, how long the tank has been up and running, and lighting details to accurately help you out. opnce we get these we will be more than happy to help you figure this out.

Phurst
10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
It sounds very much like it's expelling it's entrails, which pretty much means it's toast. Sorry.

lReef lKeeper
10-13-2007, 03:17 AM
from the description (bad pic) i have to agree with Phurst. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.