PDA

View Full Version : Clown Wars

RockDoc
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I guess this question is for Rob, but any advice or info from anyone is greatly appreciated. I attempted to create a pair of maroons, and put two very small maroons in the same (210 gal) tank. Within a few days, they had taken up residence in a long-tentacle anemone and they became the cutest little love birds you've ever seen. They snuggled up at night, and spent the day cuddling and eating together. At about four weeks, they must have gotten into an argument, and they started trying to kill each other. Just like real life. Maybe the male forgot to take out the garbage or wouldn't give up the remote control. They literally shredded each other, with every fin in shambles on both fish, and their sides carved up as well. Sometimes they would lock jaws together and bite until they somehow came apart. I separated them, and one is now in a remote tank on the same system (I guess you'd call it a refugium in the strictest sense). They are now healing separately, but I suspect they can no longer live in the same tank. Is this common? They seemed to be doing so well together.
Thanks, Jay

CarmieJo
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Jay ROFL! I'm am sure it was the remote! I don't have any experience with this but I appreciated you putting a humorous spin on it.

clownfish4me
10-03-2007, 12:52 AM
time for a divorce!. id say let them heal, you may not be able to put them both in the same tank, maybe try to pair them off with two new fish? i hope they are ok? good luck.