PDA

View Full Version : goby in back of tank

Coryg
09-20-2007, 08:31 PM
my hi-fin banded goby was always parked in the front of the tank where he had a burrow of live rock. I bought a pistol shrimp who immediatley paired with him and they have now moved to the back of the tank. i dont mind where they move but now i cant see them at all. im sad. can i do nething about this?

JustDavidP
09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I enticed my goby/shrimp pair to the front by starting the beginnings of a little tunnel where I wanted them to be. I added some pea sized rubble, empty snail shells etc. (they like to fortify the entrance and some areas inside the "cave") and then began harrassing them at their old residence. I waited until the shrimp poked out and blocked the entry. I used a small brine net. I actually netted the shrimp, moved it to the new hole, and relaeased it while chasing it into the new den. When he/she went in, I put a small shell over the hole and then chased the goby the same way. I opened the hole again, and "POP" the yellow watchman tucked in. The both of them began moving the rubble around and making a new home.

D