PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MACNA!

CarmieJo
09-16-2007, 12:22 AM
MACNA is great! I've had the opportunity to hear experts talk and then to stand around and talk to them. The speakers list is a virtual who's who of marine aquariums. The trade show is huge with all the hot new products and plenty of free samples. Best of all had been the opportunity to put faces with the names. Rob, Amphibious, Wildeone, NaClFanatic, bmwaaron, redsonja, kj_yoda, Marc, travis (and I've probably overlooked some others, sorry) are all here. I'm already looking forward to next year in Atlanta!

wvfisher
09-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Carmie Jo,
Sorry I missed you on Friday. I had a great time looking at all the vendors. I met Marc and ordered my Marco Rock. It looks great. I can't wait to get it. I am also going to get about 4-5 lbs of lr rubble from PA. I think they have the best price at only $1.99 a lb. I want to use some of the lr in my #2 chamber and the rest to seed my tank. Do you think this is enough? Also I thought about getting the live sand activator from IPSF. What are your thoughts? BTW I ordered 15 lbs of rock from Marc.

wildeone
09-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Great to meet all of you at the show! I hope all of you make it home safe and sound. Had a great time, leaned alot and made a few new friends. Looking forward to the nect one in Atlanta!

Rob
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
hey guys...
ok, so its been tough for me.. i have spent all weekend trying to figure out what to write.
this is my first MACNA, and all i can say is that it was absolutely amazing. the speakers were great, the venue was great, but most of all meeting and networking with the people was awesome. i really cant find better words, it was simply amazing.... i had so much fun... already planning for next year, and yes Talkingreef is going to do it right next year (more to come)

for all of you that missed it, thats ok, start planning for next year, register now for a HUGE discount on tickets. MACNA XX - General Info (http://www.macnaxx.com) its going to be an amazing show, the venue is large the speakers will be great and the main banquet will be held at the one and only Georgia Aquarium...

Kevin Jessop did a great job showing off and promoting what im sure will be another amazing trip.
if you have any questions you can contact Kevin (kj_yoda) or myself

and finally, it was great to meet everyone that stopped me to say hi... and for those that were wondering, Carmie (CarmieJo) and Dick (Amphibious) are as great IRL as they are online. thanks for the good time, both of you guys rock

kj_yoda
09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
In 2008, MACNA will be held in Atlanta on September 5-7 at the Westin Peachtree Plaza. We will be releasing information as it comes available, however, there are some GREAT deals on tickets now!

$89.00 for the Full conference (including Friday night Gala and Saturday Banquet), hurry, this sale runs through the end of September 2007.

Here is some information about the conference

- Hotel: Westin Peachtree Plaza (Room rate = $119.00 per night - contact info@macnaxx.com (info@macnaxx.com) if you would like to make your reservation, you cannot contact the hotel directly).

- Saturday Banquet: Georgia Aquarium Ocean's Ballroom with catering by Wolfgang Puck

- Grand Prize Raffle item announced: 10 day, 9 night trip to FIJI, donated by Walt Smith, LTD. In order to win this, you need to come to MACNAXX.com and solve the mystery. More information will be released during the year with the secret revealed during MACNA XX.

Mr. Tang
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm signing up this Friday!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Mike

Amphibious
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
hey guys...

and finally, it was great to meet everyone that stopped me to say hi... and for those that were wondering, Carmie (CarmieJo) and Dick (Amphibious) are as great IRL as they are online. thanks for the good time, both of you guys rock

Thanks, Rob. That statement goes for you and Manda, too. Great people you are. Also, Carmie (CarmieJo) and Duane (Wildone), it was my absolute pleasure meeting you guys. If I missed anyone, I'll blame it on my age.

TR members, get registered right now while the cost is minimal. You have a year to plan vacation time, save money for the trip and whatever other excuse has you doubting whether you should go.

Are you interested in reefing?
Do you own a reef tank?
Do you need to learn more about reefing?
Do you like TR?
Are you curious who is behind the registered name of those posting answers to your questions?
Do you like people?
Would you like to expand your circle of friends?
Are you breathing?

If you answered yes to any one of those questions you need to register for MACNA XX today. Come on reefers we want to meet you in person. I want to meet you in person!!! Let's have a large showing of TR reefers in Atlanta.

One other side note, you will meet reefers from other parts of the country and the world and may make lifelong friends. I know I have.

Dick

Marc
09-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey all,
Great meeting you.
Thanks to everyone that stopped in for a visit. I feel like I came away with some great new friends.

Atlanta looks like it's going to be awesome! We are very much looking forward to it.

Can't wait to start letting some details "leak" out on next years plans but I don't want to jinx it :fingers: ;)

kj_yoda
09-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Leaking information... we wouldn't do that, LOL.

It was great meeting lots of people this year and Pittsburgh did an awesome job. We have a lot to live up to for next year, but as you saw, with our little show Saturday night, we have some interesting things planned. If you missed what happened Saturday Night... you may want to check Youtube in the next few days.

Reminder:

The discounted Registration fee is only good through the end of September ($89.00) for the full conference.
All hotel reservations at the Westin need to be processed by the Chairs of MACNA XX. you can PM me or call me if you would like and I will be happy to handle your reservation for you. If you contact the Westin directly, you will not be able to get the $119.00 per night rate or other negotiated ammenities.

Rob
09-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to start letting some details "leak" out on next years plans but I don't want to jinx it :fingers: ;)
you and me both...
i have almost slipped it out a few times already.. and its only been day now... lol

CarmieJo
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
WV, I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you. You will love your MarcoRock. I think that you will be fine with a the 4-5 # of LR rubble. IMO, I would not buy the activated live sand. Save your $$. Your LR will inoculate the sand and it will be live in a very short time. If you have a friend who keeps a tank you can also get a cup of sand from them and add it to your tank. If you don't know anyone personally who keeps a reef you could also try asking on local boards, forums or clubs. I've helped people out through these a few times before.

I wouldn't add LS from someone else's tank to an established tank for fear of introducing parasites or disease but I would not worry about a new tank. By the time your tank cycles the bad stuff would have died for lack of a host.

wildeone
09-17-2007, 10:29 PM
BREAKING NEWS! I just talked to my wife and she said to go ahead and line everything up for us to go next year (YEAH!). To tell you the truth, I think the hotel sold her, but none the less, we are in! I can't wait!

Amphibious
09-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Fantastic! Get that early registration price.

Marc
09-18-2007, 06:38 AM
BTW,
Dick ...I'm still waiting for that business card, I guess you'll have to drop it off at the cape now. ;)

Amphibious
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Oops,

I'm on the way.

Actually, pm me your address, I'll drop it in the mail.

Dick

kj_yoda
09-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Update to MACNA XX Reservation Prodedures

We have arranged something with the Westin, individuals will be able to contact them beginning next week in order to update/change/make their reservations. I will be sending out a link to those who have registered next week.

JustDavidP
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't believe they let Marc into the state.. ;)

CarmieJo
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Good deal Kevin. That should make it easier for everyone. I never did catch up with you. You always seemed to be away when I stopped by the booth. I'll look forward to meeting you next year.